Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 06:31 PM

15 posts, read 38,194 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone:

I know that this is a long shot, and a strange request, but I need your help if at all possible.

This Monday, (Memorial Day), I lost my little bird that I've had for 14 years. He could be anywhere in the state of Florida by now and I'm just heartbroken. I've been searching for 2 days now, and I'm trying to reach out to as many people as possible. I know he is absolutely terrified as he's been a house pet since he was born.

I am devastated and absolutely heart broken, and I'm hoping that someone will find him. I'll pay a cash reward of $100, and drive to get him immediately if he's found. I'm hoping that if someone finds him maybe they will call a sheriff's office, or a fire department and tell them that they've read this and ask them to call me on my cell phone at 954-558-8611. He has always had food and water from my hand, and I'm so afraid he'll starve out there. He answers to the name "Cuco". He's a little, green and orange "Peach Face Lovebird". His face and chest are orange, his head and back are green, and his tail feathers are blue, red and green. He would definitely know his name if called, as I'm sure he's terrified being out there alone now.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated and I will be forever grateful. Again, my cell phone number is 954-558-8611, and as I said, I will drive to get him immediately if someone has him, and I will pay a $100 reward for our beloved family pet. I can't stand the thought of him out there alone, and afraid. Please pass this message along to anyone you can. I've been trying to contact as many places as I can, but I don't know how else to get the word out. I've written emails to so many people, but I don't know how to contact the thousands of businesses or millions of residential properties in the state. I need people to pass the word. I would be forever grateful if you would. My gut feeling is that he is somewhere around the St. Augustine, Villano Beach, World Golf Village, Green Cove Springs area, but I have no way of knowing by now.
Thank you so much for any help at all. I have attached a picture of him if anyone wants to see what he looks like. Colleen
Attached Thumbnails
Please Help if you can - I'm heartbroken-cucos-picture.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 10:13 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
You might want to put up a flyer at the Exotic Bird Hospital:

Welcome to The Exotic Bird Hospital

Also, you might want to try:

911 Parrot Alert- Lost & Found Parrot & Bird database, Report a Lost Bird or Found Bird

They have some tips on how to get the word out about your lost bird:

Tips for locating a lost or found bird, help recovering birds, help recovering parrots, recovering escaped birds, recovering escaped parrots, catching a bird, catching a parrot, tips to recover lost bird or parrot, Help for missing birds, Lost Parrot

I have 2 parrots myself and my heart goes out to you, good luck .

Old 05-29-2008, 05:38 PM

15 posts, read 38,194 times
Thank you so much for posting this here. I've sent messages and/or postings to all of the places you suggested, as well as put an ad in the St. Augustine Record. I'm praying he is found and returned to me as I'm just sick over it, and wondering if he's OK.
Colleen

Old 05-29-2008, 06:31 PM

549 posts, read 2,205,492 times
My thoughts and prayers that your little one will find it's way back home!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:36 PM

536 posts, read 1,109,164 times
the only thing i think to do for you is pray to st francis...the patron saint of animals....please post when your sweet cuco flies home

Old 05-29-2008, 06:52 PM

541 posts, read 2,286,100 times
St. Anthony for lost things......it works amazingly with keys.....even for atheists I think St. Anthony works (I am not implying you are an atheist....I am just saying).

I am sure he will come through for a loved parrot if he will come through for keys.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:23 AM

549 posts, read 2,205,492 times
St. Francis of Assisi - Patron Saint of Animals and the Environment
Quote:
St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and ecology, was a Roman Catholic saint who took the gospel literally by following all Jesus said and did.
St. Francis is the saint for animals....so let's hope for positive results!

Old 05-30-2008, 07:44 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,024,764 times
I write litle Burma Shave ads for the Jacksonville forum:

Little Cuco is gone
He flew the coop
If you see him, call me
And shield your head in case he poops
... Jacksonville

I do hope you find the little guy. I had a pair of peach faces, they were most delightful. At least the weather is favorable for him until he returns.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:35 AM

459 posts, read 1,417,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
I write litle Burma Shave ads for the Jacksonville forum:

Little Cuco is gone
He flew the coop
If you see him, call me
And shield your head in case he poops
... Jacksonville

I do hope you find the little guy. I had a pair of peach faces, they were most delightful. At least the weather is favorable for him until he returns.
ha ha... that made me chuckle.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:41 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
I don't live in FL but I want you to know my heart goes out to you. I can so understand the pain you must be in right now. Our pets are like children and the thought of your little bird being out there alone must be terrible. All I can do is say a little prayer that your little one comes home or someone calls you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville