Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 09:35 PM

5 posts, read 14,019 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I live in south Florida, but I want to relocate to Jacksonville. It is very expensive here and we are ready for a change. I have a 15 year old son and I'm a single mom. I started sending out resumes to Jacksonville just recently. Does anyone know if this approach will work? I am looking for a job doing medical Billing and Collections, which I have experience of 17 years. I also would like to move to an area where there is a good High School. I visited Amelia Island/Fernandino beach and Jacksonville about a year1/2 ago. I really liked Neptune beach. I have wanted to move since then. Can any one give me some advice? Does anyone know any place thats hiring?
Thank You All
(Sorry, I misspelled Jacksonville at top)

Last edited by Barbi; 06-03-2008 at 09:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 05:39 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,847 times
I'm not sure about this but if you're experienced in medical insurance, billing, administration I don't think you'll have a hard time finding a job at all. My MD's are constantly turning over their office help and say its impossible to find experienced, qualified people. I'd start with the hospitals and work from there. Not sure about employment agencies here but that might be an idea as well. I hear mixed reviews about Fletcher High which is what Neptune Beach uses for high school. Some people love it, others say its not a super safe environment with drug problems, etc. I'd look into that carefully before making a move. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:39 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,035 times
You might check into the Blue Cross Blue Shield website to see if they have openings. They have a pretty big center here, and they always want people with medical experience.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:55 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Barbi
With your collections experience you should have no problem there are quite a few companies that have their customer service/collection centers here
A few off the top of my head
Citibank
CIT
Bank of America
there are also quite a few 3rd party agencies in town

Old 06-09-2008, 12:41 AM

94 posts, read 482,134 times
I work with a lady that has been looking for that same type of job and hasn't found anything...I think the job market is on the slow side here in Jacksonville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbi View Post
I want to move to Jacksonville area. I am a single mom with 1 teenage son.
I have 17+ years Medical Billing and Collections experience. I have sent a few resumes to jacksonville area ... Does anyone have any advise as how to seek a job besides looking online. Maybe someone knows a medical office thats hiring. Please help. Thank you.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:33 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Default Here's a search.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbi View Post
I want to move to Jacksonville area. I am a single mom with 1 teenage son.
I have 17+ years Medical Billing and Collections experience. I have sent a few resumes to jacksonville area ... Does anyone have any advise as how to seek a job besides looking online. Maybe someone knows a medical office thats hiring. Please help. Thank you.
Barbi,

Here's a search I did. It didn't turn up much, but maybe it will help a little: Billing Collections Health Jobs in JACKSONVILLE, FL on CareerBuilder.com

You might try going to different companies individual websites and looking for the employment section on them individually. Usually job openings are posted there first before they show up on the collective sites. And remember this, people these days have bad attitudes and sometimes just because there isn't a opening posted, if you approach them and show them that you can do better, you never know who might be looking to replace one of their slackers.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:40 PM

702 posts, read 2,185,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Barbi,

Here's a search I did. It didn't turn up much, but maybe it will help a little: Billing Collections Health Jobs in JACKSONVILLE, FL on CareerBuilder.com

You might try going to different companies individual websites and looking for the employment section on them individually. Usually job openings are posted there first before they show up on the collective sites. And remember this, people these days have bad attitudes and sometimes just because there isn't a opening posted, if you approach them and show them that you can do better, you never know who might be looking to replace one of their slackers.
Very true, 2 of my jobs that I have gotten were just sending a copy of my resume to companies I had my eye on without any posting for a job. Other than online, there would be walking in or calling; but that would be a lot of walking and calling without a posting to go off of online.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:42 PM

I completely agree with you on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Barbi,

Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM

You might want to look at BCBSFL they have a few postings here and there. They are strick on some things, but having the insurance is a good thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville