Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:11 PM

5 posts, read 27,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimitkay View Post
Does anyone know if there is a Salsaritas there??
Salsaritas Has been open for some time now.
Its located right next to the starbucks, Which is located accross the parking lot from the office depot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,656 times
Hi folks,
I am a former Oceanway resident who has just moved back to this side of town and I love that the Marketplace is there. It's much nicer to have these things nearby and to avoid a drive across town. Since we've moved back we've been sampling the restaurants and have some strong opinions about a few of them. I couldn’t find a specific thread for this so decided to put it here since it is related to the topic.
The Good:
Five Guys: Really just great burgers and fries… and you get a massive about of food for your money.
Renna's Pizza: Great Pizza, we're fans of Renna's from other experiences at their other locations.
Sticky Fingers: Goes without saying…

The Ugly:
Green Papaya: Great Decor. Great Menu. Great food and wow was there a lot of it.
However, I don't have too many other nice things to say about it. We were a party of 3 adults and 2 children- we stopped there for lunch on Sunday since the menu they had outside indicated that there was an affordable lunch menu. It started off promising with the initial impression given by the décor and menu. But when our waiter brought back the wrong drink order for one of the adults we started to realize we were wrong. Another person in our group ordered the hot tea (which is on the menu, not a special request) and received a tiny cup of hot water and a tea bag. I’ve seen that sort of thing when hot tea is not a menu item, but typically when it’s on the menu at an “Asian” restaurant you don’t get a cup and a teabag. We also received the wrong starter item (fried spring rolls vs. the requested fresh spring rolls.) When the entrees were brought out one member of our group was forgotten and the waiter had to be reminded that we were missing an order. Without asking us who had what plate, the waiter distributed them to the wrong people and looked surprised when we started trading the plates. No employee (out of the 5-6 working the room) stopped at our table again to inquire about drinks or if we were alive during the course of our meal. When we finished our lunch (which was OH-So-Tasty) we waited about another 6-8 minutes before we finally flagged down a waiter to bring out the check. Which had to be split (2 adults on 1 check, 1 adult +2 children on the other- not complex) and we had to tell our waiter what each of us had all over again. When the “check” finally came it was on a scrap of paper that the waiter had used to jot down what we had and then hand-totaled. We were charged the dinner rate, since on Sunday the lunch menu isn’t available (despite the fact that is NOT posted on the menus outside or inside.) The best parts, we were the first customers of the day so there was no excuse for ignoring the table and as we were signing the check the waiter was standing over our shoulder watching; when we didn’t leave a tip he said to us “No tip?”
No, waiter-dude- no tip.
Maybe it was a bad day, maybe they need to be open a little longer. I don’t know. We LOVE Thai food; I make a lot at home and there are couple great restaurants in town, Pom’s Thai Bistro in San Marco comes to mind right away. We may try again in 6 months or so… we love having a place to get Thai food nearby, but this place might just be too much to deal with if they don’t improve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: