Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 PM

238 posts, read 887,897 times

Advertisements

We would like to have a hot tub/spa - but rather than go buy the freestanding box type that you plug in and fill with water, we would like to install an inground spa with natural rocks (tropical lagoon style). Both serve the same purpose - but we think the inground spa would be a more longterm beautiful addition/improvement to the home (even though more expensive. I would appreciate any recommendations for pool/spa builders in JAX. (We do NOT want or need a pool...just the spa!) Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 07:31 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,735,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinJAX View Post
We would like to have a hot tub/spa - but rather than go buy the freestanding box type that you plug in and fill with water, we would like to install an inground spa with natural rocks (tropical lagoon style). Both serve the same purpose - but we think the inground spa would be a more longterm beautiful addition/improvement to the home (even though more expensive. I would appreciate any recommendations for pool/spa builders in JAX. (We do NOT want or need a pool...just the spa!) Thanks!
We opted for a huge hot tub with all the bells and whistles instead of a pool and we've never regretted that decision. We use it all year round and love it especially during those cool nights. I agree with you that the inground type with the natural rocks is more appealing and nice to look at and may even lend some resale value to the home the way a pool does. The box type however is much more practical and more therapeutic than the inground spa in my opinion.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:53 AM

870 posts, read 2,179,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
We opted for a huge hot tub with all the bells and whistles instead of a pool and we've never regretted that decision. We use it all year round and love it especially during those cool nights. I agree with you that the inground type with the natural rocks is more appealing and nice to look at and may even lend some resale value to the home the way a pool does. The box type however is much more practical and more therapeutic than the inground spa in my opinion.
We got a Hot Springs spa nine years ago and love it. I like it better than an inground, because if we were to move (which we are not!!), we could take it with us. Also, I like the feel of it much better than the inground ones. The seats are such that they are more comfortable. I can slouch (I can't think of how I want to describe it.) in the seats, where as the inground ones seem to have straight lines and ninety-degree angles.
We keep ours on our screened in porch, so the bugs don't bother us. That's another advantage to the stand alone spa.

Also, I have lower back pain, and I took the pamphlet to my doctor and asked if he thought it would help with the pain. He said yes, so I asked him to write a prescription for it. That way, I didn't have to pay sales tax on the purchase. I just gave the prescription to the salesperson at Hot Springs, and she did the paperwork.
I don't know if that is still in existence.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:53 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinJAX View Post
''

Hi Holly. I would recommend you contact the Master Pools Guild for a recommendation on a good builder in that area. They are the one that all the reputable luxury quality builders join up. Here's the link, and I know they have members in Jacksonville.

Custom Swimming Pool Design and Luxury Pools | Master Pools Guild
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville