Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 AM

4 posts, read 4,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt View Post
There will always be Archie Bunker uncles at the Thanksgiving table. No different from here. Like on Thanksgiving, just have to grin and bear it.
another insult for someone who holds different views than yours? from my perspective dealing with the ignorance of so called progressive liberals without being rude is quite a tough job

Old 07-07-2008, 11:19 AM

7 posts, read 58,788 times
As far as the whole, living with gay parents and the effect on children... My best friend's father abused her mother and her mom left her dad when my friend was very young. Her mom then met a wonderful woman and those two ladies have raised my friend ever since. My friend is a straight A student with not only a full bright futures scholarship but also a scholarship for.. something else (I can't exactly remember.. Has to do with music). She's in the band and she is the kindest person I have ever met. It pains her to visit her father but she does it a couple of times a year because she feels obligated. She loves her two moms and the stability and comfort they've provided in her life. She's a great kid, and a great best friend.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinaatron01 View Post
As far as the whole, living with gay parents and the effect on children... My best friend's father abused her mother and her mom left her dad when my friend was very young. Her mom then met a wonderful woman and those two ladies have raised my friend ever since. My friend is a straight A student with not only a full bright futures scholarship but also a scholarship for.. something else (I can't exactly remember.. Has to do with music). She's in the band and she is the kindest person I have ever met. It pains her to visit her father but she does it a couple of times a year because she feels obligated. She loves her two moms and the stability and comfort they've provided in her life. She's a great kid, and a great best friend.
so jumping from one bad situation to another is good?

Old 07-07-2008, 11:34 AM

7 posts, read 58,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvbguy1 View Post
so jumping from one bad situation to another is good?
The situation she is currently in is not a bad one.

I'm just saying that she loves her family and that her mom; both of them; have raised her well and prevented her from becoming some sort of "bad kid" that people expect of children raised by gays. She makes good grades, has good friends, follows the law... Her home is just as good as mine, having two mom's has not hurt that in any way; they both love and support her. And even though it isn't flaunted that her mom is a lesbian, it's not a secret. She wasn't made fun of for having two moms; not that I'm aware of. Some people are kinda iffy about it, but most are just like, "Oh, okay.". It's different but I don't see anything wrong with her, and she turned out fine.

Her home is a loving one and I love going over there because of how nice everybody is. Her biological mom is very strict, and after being beaten by her exhusband, she's wary of people and requires that her daughter bring all boys home to meet her before she is allowed to go on a date-- The same expectations that my mom has.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:07 PM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,772 times
Yes, apparently the people of Florida have shown by their votes that they'd rather have children languish in foster care than be adopted by gay couples. Great, just great. (and by the way, apvbguy, apvb, or whatever you call yourself today, i'm a lifelong registered Republican, not a "progressive liberal".)

Old 07-07-2008, 01:16 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC2Jax View Post
Gee, it's the poser, oh, I mean poster with more than one screen name. How convenient!
He's up to 3 now. Went from apvbguy to pvguy to pvbguy1.

I cant wait to see what's next. pvbguyVersion2.0??

Old 07-07-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt View Post
Yes, apparently the people of Florida have shown by their votes that they'd rather have children languish in foster care than be adopted by gay couples. Great, just great. (and by the way, apvbguy, apvb, or whatever you call yourself today, i'm a lifelong registered Republican, not a "progressive liberal".)
the issue goes far beyond adoption issues and trying to invoke that as a way to get an unpopular law established is a bit underhanded. And in my opinion a homosexual household is not a proper setting for foster parenting or adoption.
your political affiliation has no bearing on the issue, it just proves that contrary to the liberals who are in lockstep, republicans are capable of holding varied opinions

Old 07-07-2008, 04:55 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
The Original Post wasn't about condoning or not condoning a lifestyle, but about whether or not same-sex marriages could become legal in Jacksonville/Florida.

I think the responses to the question have already been posted and now we've gone past that point and into a discussion that really belongs in another forum (Politics & Other Controversies).

We'll close this one now, thanks everyone for participating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: