Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:15 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,038 times

Advertisements

I found this great video about politics and religion. Given that Jax is for the most part religious, how do you feel about the message in this video?

For a moment, set aside who is speaking, and really listen to the message... what do you think. Is Jax ready for this type of thinking, no matter who it is coming from?

YouTube - Barack Obama on Religion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
I found this great video about politics and religion. Given that Jax is for the most part religious, how do you feel about the message in this video?

For a moment, set aside who is speaking, and really listen to the message... what do you think. Is Jax ready for this type of thinking, no matter who it is coming from?

YouTube - Barack Obama on Religion
if it's from obama, it has little meaning to me, the man is vapid, has little to offer than ultra left wing nonsense that I will never be in synch with

Old 06-18-2008, 09:41 PM

I wasn't expecting you to be so stubborn. This video had nothing to do with a political agenda by-the-way. You could have given it a chance. It was about the message, not the person... but you're within every right. Even political people make sense every now and then... just for the record. Not everything has to be so partisan, gosh!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:29 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Not everything has to be so partisan, gosh!
Just tell them that their wildest dreams will come true if they vote for you

Napolean Dynamite, 2004

Personally, I think we should be a Druidic nation, but that's a thread for another time !

I would go so far as to say that I know Jacksonville is ready for this type of thinking, at least for a segment of Jacksonville.

Barack said that we are not a country of all one religion - or even of "a" religion. No one disputes that. Jacksonville is no different - we have jews, muslims, unitarians, pagans, wiccans, atheists, etc. So why wouldn't we be ready, right?

Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
if it's from obama, it has little meaning to me, the man is vapid, has little to offer than ultra left wing nonsense that I will never be in synch with
Don't worry, we have until November, we'll get you in synch!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I wasn't expecting you to be so stubborn. This video had nothing to do with a political agenda by-the-way. You could have given it a chance. It was about the message, not the person... but you're within every right. Even political people make sense every now and then... just for the record. Not everything has to be so partisan, gosh!
and a stopped clock is right twice a day, there is nothing about obama I find worthy of him even being in the race.
This candidates in this election are the worst this country has ever seen. We are all in trouble regardless of which side wins. No US senator should ever be considered presidential material.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Don't worry, we have until November, we'll get you in synch!
don't hold your breath on that one

Old 06-19-2008, 08:04 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,733,784 times
Quote:
It was about the message, not the person... but you're within every right. Even political people make sense every now and then... just for the record. Not everything has to be so partisan, gosh!
Let's be truthful, in politics the message is always about the person and vice versa. Now just to prove that it wasn't meant to be partisan how about posting a positive message by McCain on religion or anything else for that matter.

BTW, I am for neither candidate.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 AM

389 posts, read 1,229,420 times
Quote:
. just for the record. Not everything has to be so partisan, gosh!
many people who aren't partisan fear Obama. if hillary had won i'd be voting for bob barr. since obama won i will be voting for mccain and i'm not a republican

Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 PM

To re-clarify... this has nothing to do with the presidential race, or the candidate giving the speech. If you must attack the character of the person and not listen to the message, then so be it. I am not interested in arguing qualifications or any of the sort.

No matter who gave the speech, be it McCain or Romney or Clinton, I would have posted it. So if you chose to comment on something you knew nothing about, then you're typing just to read yourself, or make some statement about well, um nothing. Cause I sure didn't ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville