Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:34 AM

541 posts, read 2,285,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
so someone has a truck painted in camo, what's it to you? why is it any concern of yours? Maybe if you concentrated on finding things that enhance your life instead of dwelling on negative things you'd be a happier person! it must be tough going through life always seeing the bad in everything, I feel sorry for you.
You always throw things back at me....as if it is all me. Nice defense of Jacksonville......just say it is me....and not Jacksonville with the problem. Very nice.

I just don't think you expect or should see camo pickup trucks in a freaking city. Maybe in a small town, but not in a place with 700,000 people. That is the twilight zone effect that surpises me everyday here in Jacksonville. Small town things, seen in what should be a city.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:47 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,733,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdecapio View Post
Just trying to save some people, like myself, from making a mistake like I did who may read this forum from other parts of the country.
You are underestimating the intelligence of the people who read this forum. If you were more even-handed you might be more credible. Anyone who uses the word "suck" to describe everything Jax-related is much too negative to be believable.

But keep posting b/c your comments are always good for laughs.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:59 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdecapio View Post
You always throw things back at me....as if it is all me. Nice defense of Jacksonville......just say it is me....and not Jacksonville with the problem. Very nice.

I just don't think you expect or should see camo pickup trucks in a freaking city. Maybe in a small town, but not in a place with 700,000 people. That is the twilight zone effect that surpises me everyday here in Jacksonville. Small town things, seen in what should be a city.
I've seen camo pick up trucks in NYC, what's your point?
I'll admit JAX is backwards in many ways, so what? to me that's part of the charm of the place. It's a rural, hick town with many big city amenities. If you crave the urban experience, which IMHO is for the birds, you should move to a place that has what you crave.
You are so unhappy here that it's become a sick obsession.
you either need to move away or seek professional help for yourself.

Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 AM

53 posts, read 305,174 times
Where is the nearest post office? Oh great….its ten miles away…and its in a drug store in a strip mall….its not even in a post office building.

A very nice post office building exists in Ponte Vedra Beach. I am there often. A nice place.

Very Americanized.

Uhhh...this is America. no?

NPR station only viable source of news-radio.

I must agree. I wish Cspan would broadcast locally on the radio.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:10 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,362,856 times
Boy, this OP and his Thread have to be rated in the Top 5 of OP's/Threads that absolutely hate the area/city they live in!! All I can say is WOW....you really (and I mean REALLY) need to move somewhere else!! Not every city in the U.S. has what people want and generally those people STAY AWAY from those cities! Just how much research did you do before moving to Jax? In reading your Thread, you TOTALLY "blistered" Jax and wife and I just don't see most of what you are saying.......and we don't even live there yet!!
Dude, if I was you, I'd move to Los Angeles. Everything you don't like about Jax won't be there....not even a camo pickup truck (unless you are on a movie set in Hollywood).

Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 AM

If Mr. or Ms. Vdecapio truly believes that life in South Florida or any other region witin the state, for that matter, exceeds that of Northeast Florida, try reading any of the novels written by Carl Hiaasen. The man is a genius writer and a lifelong native of the state.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM

541 posts, read 2,285,520 times
[quote=palenciacondo;4158767]

Very Americanized.

quote]

Most cities in America have an international flavor to them, with a huge diversity of people, events, and cultures. Not here. The international diversity here is on the same level as rural america.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
[quote=vdecapio;4159789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by palenciacondo View Post

Very Americanized.

quote]

Most cities in America have an international flavor to them, with a huge diversity of people, events, and cultures. Not here. The international diversity here is on the same level as rural america.
so leave!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:09 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
There's only one explanation why he's still here. vdecapio cannot make it anywhere else. HAHAHAHAHA. LMAO.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:14 PM

[SIZE=5]People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.[/SIZE]

~Abraham Lincoln~

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville