Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:33 PM

94 posts, read 481,938 times

Advertisements

I know! I really HATE Comcast! If you sign up for their first few months savings---you will not be saving! Customer Service with them is HORRIBLE!!

I have internet with ATT and it isnt as bad as with Comcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Easier said than done when they're a monopoly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytworay View Post
anybody have clearwire?...and are they any good
A girl from one of my classes said it wasn't great but that it was a reasonable price. Keep in mind with ATT you do not need a phone line--they charge $5 extra without the phone line which makes it $40 plus tax so I think that that is pretty decent and with 2Wire modems it is great internet connection!

Old 06-28-2008, 02:36 PM

I lived by there for a few and my cable service with Comcast was still HORRIBLE! This is what prompted us getting ATT for cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Baymeadows & 9A is fairly recent construction so your cables should be underground - that makes a huge difference in service (very few problems when your cables are underground).

Old 06-30-2008, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 5,980 times
Default You have 4 options

Comcast: Offerings Here - [URL="http://www.comcast.com/"]Comcast: The Official Website | High Speed Internet | Cable | Telephone Service[/URL]

ATT DSL: Offerings Here - [URL="http://localization.att.com/loc/controller?cdvn=localize&pid=1080&prod-snip=res_explore_landing"]AT&T[/URL]

Clearwire: Offerings Here - [URL="http://www.clearwire.com/store/service_areas.php"]Clearwire Coverage Areas and Maps[/URL]

EVDO: offerings here - [URL="http://evdomaps.com/"]EVDOmaps - User Based EVDO Rev A Mapping and Coverage Tool[/URL]

Old 06-30-2008, 09:39 PM

65 posts, read 197,967 times
Lotsa complaints about Comcast with their customer service, but they are the only one who offer the faster internet service.. I just looked through what ATT and Verizon offers, and nothing compares to the 12mb and 16mb download speeds that Comcast offers..

For me I rather deal with the customer service and have the fastest possible internet service. So I guess comcast it is for me.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:52 AM

702 posts, read 2,184,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harajuka View Post
Lotsa complaints about Comcast with their customer service, but they are the only one who offer the faster internet service.. I just looked through what ATT and Verizon offers, and nothing compares to the 12mb and 16mb download speeds that Comcast offers..

For me I rather deal with the customer service and have the fastest possible internet service. So I guess comcast it is for me.
I feel the same way. Also, I look at reliability. We have an underground service area w/ Comcast so it never goes out really, so I will not be calling customer service, so I am not to worried about what their customer service is like. Besides, if I get a bad rep, I ask for a supervisor.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:38 AM

9 posts, read 32,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanda View Post
I feel the same way. Also, I look at reliability. We have an underground service area w/ Comcast so it never goes out really, so I will not be calling customer service, so I am not to worried about what their customer service is like. Besides, if I get a bad rep, I ask for a supervisor.
when I get a bad rep, I just politely say bye and call again and get a different rep. FWIW I rarely have any issues with comcast internet, other than it is so darned expensive

Old 07-01-2008, 09:22 AM

859 posts, read 3,616,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harajuka View Post

Comcast's not offering true 12 and 16Mbps in the JAX market yet. That's just their Powerboost(TM), short term burst speed. Continuous speed is at 6 and 8Mbps. They did upgraded the upload speed to 1 and 2Mbps. They don't have real competition until someone brings FIOS into JAX.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:57 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanda View Post
I've had Comcast through underground cables and overhead. Underground was a breeze, rarely an outage, and no serious complaints. Overhead service took a little more tweaking to get things working right, but then it was fine.

Personally, I'd like to see the city of Jacksonville offer free wireless internet access, not just in city buildings, but to send out a signal to a radius around the downtown core.

Other cities have done so, and it's been found to be affordable, they run it off of the existing cell phone towers. Imagine what a great inexpensive marketing tool that would be to get people interested in living in the downtown core or at the edge of the core - free internet access!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:47 AM

112 posts, read 524,115 times
Don't forget that JEA powers Comcast and JEA has lot so of outages.

Next time a storm hits looks at this screen and see how many areas loose power.

JEA - View Current Outages
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville