Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 01:13 AM

112 posts, read 522,466 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to all the plates that you can get in Florida. I don't know if it is a JAX think but I live in St. Aug and I see tons of these plates.

Florida DHSMV - Specialty License Plates INDEX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 01:13 PM

870 posts, read 2,168,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I don't see a vast numer of Vanity Plates in this area (ie 2FST4U, EATDST, etc).

I also don't see as many folks with specialized plates (ie colleges, teams, etc) for a city this big.

Is there a reason?

I got a Manatee plate since my daughter likes them.
I've never understood why someone would want a vanity plate. I don't care what's on my license plate. To me, it 's waste of money.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:44 PM

112 posts, read 522,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
I've never understood why someone would want a vanity plate. I don't care what's on my license plate. To me, it 's waste of money.
Alot of the plates use the money for differant things like wildlife preservation and things like that.

Also people like to customize EVERYTHING if they can. and if the cann't they will make a new way.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,337,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggnTaz View Post
Here is a link to all the plates that you can get in Florida. I don't know if it is a JAX think but I live in St. Aug and I see tons of these plates.

Florida DHSMV - Specialty License Plates INDEX
I see a lot of Choose Life - that might be the most popular one in Jax.

Then I see plenty of Aquaculture (the clown fish), Protect our Reefs, Save the Manatee and occasionally a shark one or some other.

These are the ones I notice, anyway (sport teams don't stick in my mind ).

Old 07-16-2008, 09:49 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,696,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggnTaz View Post
Alot of the plates use the money for differant things like wildlife preservation and things like that.

Also people like to customize EVERYTHING if they can. and if the cann't they will make a new way.
I wanted one to contribute money to some cause. 'Cause I want to.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:27 PM

589 posts, read 1,629,516 times
Yup it does cost more. I still have my vanity plate from Hawai`i... just not on my vehicle. TWNMOM ...

Here is the link to see availability of your favorite combo of letters and numbers.
https://www6.hsmv.state.fl.us/mvchec...check/main.jsp
Once you find one that is available, you can see what plates it can be put on.

Kinda neat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville