Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 10:45 PM

76 posts, read 189,683 times

Advertisements

I posted earlier about relocating to Jax and thank you for the responses I recieved. It helped greatly!!

We have visited and decided on living in San Marco or the Riverside Avondale area because it seems like the best fit for us ....

What nightlife exists in Jacksonville that is not on beach?? We are married, no children, and under 30 ... so far we've experienced the Grotto in San Marco, Twisted Martini at JL, and drove through Riverside but only 1 bar looked open.

Oh we also visited Sherwood ... not our style.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 07:22 AM

116 posts, read 419,288 times
What is your style? There are tons of places in Riverside, Avondale, Downtown and Springfield within 5 minutes of where you'll be living.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:01 AM

76 posts, read 189,683 times
Oh that is great! Now that I think about it we only drove around 5 points, so that is great news if there are more places close to that area that we didn't drive by.

We like a mixture ... we liked the Grotto but not an every weekend kind of place ... we like Twisted Martini mostly for people watching ... any sports bars or pubs in the area??

Do they stay open till 2am or close earlier on the weekends?

Thanks!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 AM

541 posts, read 2,285,155 times
Try these?:

Avondale

Casbah:Hookbah bar, younger crowd, some high school kids
The Brick: Mainly a restaurant. Sometimes live music, your age group probably, closes at midnight so that everyone can get some rest.

San Marco

Square One: Classy bar, cool cover bands on the weekends.
Tastings: Wine bar. Actually this is right next to the Chart House.

Downtown
Marks: Plastic people in their 20's. Girls dressed like tra$mps and guys looking like sexual predators.
London Bridge: Really chill bar. Usually not very crowded. Mohawks, piercings, tatoos decent possibility.

Riverside
Unless you have a tatoo and a few piercings I would stear clear of this area's two bars. You're not going to fit in.

Springfield
The Pearl Alternative indy crowd mix. Check out Saturday nights for some pop and 80's dance music. Pretty cool. Maybe not your age group. Maybe not your crowd.

St. Nicholas
Cuba Libre Saturday night salsa, merengue, bachata, etc.

Overall, I think you should stick with Square One, Casbah, Cuba Libre. Overall, the nightlife here is small and twilight-zonish. Good luck meeting like-minded people. Not easy here in Jacksonville.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:43 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,960,222 times
here is a link I found maybe it will be of help?

CYNJAX.com - Claim Your Nightlife Jacksonville|Bars & Clubs|Jacksonville Nightclubs, Bars, Events, Live Music (http://www.cynjax.com/barsclubs/area/downtown.shtml - broken link)

Old 08-09-2008, 01:33 PM

399 posts, read 1,549,148 times
I've yet to have found a NAVY base with no nightlife in the area...(Just sayin!)

Old 08-10-2008, 01:03 PM

5 posts, read 12,251 times
best bet would in Avondale, Biscottis, The Brick... San Marco, Bistro AIX, The Grotto wine bar. I think you'd be very pleased with any of these!

Old 08-10-2008, 03:34 PM

233 posts, read 766,196 times
There's also the Starlite Cafe in Five Points/Riverside. Some nights, there are a lot of people there of different age groups, so I don't know... I've only been there a few times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville