Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanl View Post
My husband and I were recently in Jacksonville looking for homes in the 600k price range. I personally perferred the homes that either had furniture in them or that were staged with furniture. I will confirm what HIF mentioned and that is some empty homes had only the bathrooms and kitchen staged (beautiful towels and bath mats etc) and that alone made a huge difference....it took the "coldness" out of an empty home.
Interesting .

So did the staging help you to visualize your own furniture in its' place? Was it harder to do that in an empty home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 11:56 PM

377 posts, read 1,722,577 times
Every home and investment property that we've sold, we've always staged them ourselves. The main reason is that rooms, especially bedrooms, feel smaller when empty and people then can't decide if their furniture will fit. The first time that we staged a property, we did it because of the feedback that we got. We had an average size master that fit a king bed, 2 dressers, nightstand and chair. Once the furniture was moved out and people would look at the room, I'd tell them the amount of furniture that we had in the room and people would look at me as if I was nuts. I then looked at the room empty and tried visualizing all of the furniture in the room and couldn't do it, so we actually rented furniture and staged it. If you're trying to sell a house, you don't want potential buyers to leave your property thinking that the rooms are small. Also, rooms will look smaller depending on the entry location into the room (for ex: if you're entering in the middle of the room vs the end of a room) and also the window locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville