Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2008, 07:55 AM
 
Location: At last.......Jacksonville, FL
367 posts, read 695,291 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

10) I don't have to wake up to the stench of cow, horse, chicken and pig dung during growing season.

9) I am going to a place where the family trees actually have branches.

8) Have you ever hit a frost heave at 70 miles an hour?

7) No more dodging moose!!!!!

6) Have you ever lived through a snow storm that dumped two feet at once? Enough said......

5) No more long lines at the grocery store right before a snow storm. Geez, it is Vermont, it snows, people should be prepared as this is not a new phenomenon.

4) No more hearing, "Ayup, you can't get theah from heah."

3) I will no longer be known as a "flatlander".

2) The sun actually shines during the winter.

And the number one reason I can't wait to move to Jacksonville is........

No more shoveling through nine foot snow drifts, 50 mph winds and wind chills that a polar bear would cringe at just to get to my car.

Those three shows on Saturday's have been moved to Winn-Dixie where those who survive my rantings can actually tip their baggers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2008, 08:19 AM
 
Location: NE Florida
17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Reputation: 43378
too funny !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 AM
 
Location: St. Augustine FL
1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
Reputation: 2391
When moving to Jacksonville
Be sure to wear shorts
You can now ditch the snow plow
And hit the tennis courts
... Jacksonville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
 
Location: At last.......Jacksonville, FL
367 posts, read 695,291 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
When moving to Jacksonville
Be sure to wear shorts
You can now ditch the snow plow
And hit the tennis courts
... Jacksonville
I am hoping for the golf clubs although I haven't played in years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 09:02 AM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Reputation: 64104
Hey the humidity may be thick.
But at least you don't have to shovel it!

Good Luck in your new digs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 09:05 AM
 
Location: At last.......Jacksonville, FL
367 posts, read 695,291 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Hey the humidity may be thick.
But at least you don't have to shovel it!

Good Luck in your new digs.
Thanks!!!

Not having to shovel the evil white crap is going to be awesome. While my in-laws and friends are shoveling, I will be on the porch with a glass of wine. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Middleburg, FL
754 posts, read 2,814,332 times
Reputation: 443
I haven't seen a snowflake here in 15 years, and even that was just a flurry. You're in luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 10:40 AM
 
60 posts, read 313,993 times
Reputation: 44
When we moved from Pittsburgh, the movers must have had a sense of humor. When they say they will pack up everything, they mean it. I am probably the only Florida resident who has a snow shovel in his garage!

I also liked #5 about the long lines in the grocery store. You failed to mention...if the VT lines are anything like the Pgh lines...it is mainly senior citizens stocking up on milk, bread and toilet paper!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 11:03 AM
 
Location: At last.......Jacksonville, FL
367 posts, read 695,291 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmutley View Post
When we moved from Pittsburgh, the movers must have had a sense of humor. When they say they will pack up everything, they mean it. I am probably the only Florida resident who has a snow shovel in his garage!

I also liked #5 about the long lines in the grocery store. You failed to mention...if the VT lines are anything like the Pgh lines...it is mainly senior citizens stocking up on milk, bread and toilet paper!
Isn't it unreal how the older people stock up on those things? Man alive, you would think the world was ending. "We need toilet paper!!! Oh-no, we can't go to the bathroom without 200 rolls because the world is ending!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 AM
 
Location: S.Florida
3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Reputation: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioclown View Post
10) I don't have to wake up to the stench of cow, horse, chicken and pig dung during growing season.

9) I am going to a place where the family trees actually have branches.

8) Have you ever hit a frost heave at 70 miles an hour?

7) No more dodging moose!!!!!

6) Have you ever lived through a snow storm that dumped two feet at once? Enough said......

5) No more long lines at the grocery store right before a snow storm. Geez, it is Vermont, it snows, people should be prepared as this is not a new phenomenon.

4) No more hearing, "Ayup, you can't get theah from heah."

3) I will no longer be known as a "flatlander".

2) The sun actually shines during the winter.

And the number one reason I can't wait to move to Jacksonville is........

No more shoveling through nine foot snow drifts, 50 mph winds and wind chills that a polar bear would cringe at just to get to my car.

Those three shows on Saturday's have been moved to Winn-Dixie where those who survive my rantings can actually tip their baggers.
---------

I moved here from PA 2 yrs ago and I must say in winter its 70 something and not dreary sky.

I started playing golf and like it as few courses in the area that are close to empty . I miss the people but not the cold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top