Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2008, 05:24 AM

105 posts, read 338,447 times

Advertisements

In all of the researching I've been doing, it *seems* that Fleming Island, Eagle Harbor, and JCP are going to be our best fits. Haven't visited any of them yet, and there could be a few more to add, though.

So, other than the obvious difference of location, are there really any differences between these communities? Schools are good in all, all are planned communities with similar amenities, and all seem to be a similar distance to the airport.

Andy comments to support or disprove this or any information on any of these communities that might be helpful? One thing I've noticed is that houses in FIP don't seem to have pools while those in JCP do. Any reason for that?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 06:27 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,733,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMee View Post
In all of the researching I've been doing, it *seems* that Fleming Island, Eagle Harbor, and JCP are going to be our best fits. Haven't visited any of them yet, and there could be a few more to add, though.

So, other than the obvious difference of location, are there really any differences between these communities? Schools are good in all, all are planned communities with similar amenities, and all seem to be a similar distance to the airport.

Andy comments to support or disprove this or any information on any of these communities that might be helpful? One thing I've noticed is that houses in FIP don't seem to have pools while those in JCP do. Any reason for that?

Thanks!
http://flemingislandplantation.com/C...FlemingMap.pdf

I was looking amongst Eagle Harbor, Eagle Landing and Fleming Island Plantation. Eagle Landing and FIP are the youngest of the communities. Eagle Landing still has many empty lots.

I live in FIP. Development for housing is practically completed with some empty lots here and there. JCP is larger and more extensive in surface area so going to the community pool is probably less convenient than having one in the backyard. Being a smaller community the pools are going to be closer to more residents. FIP like JCP has subdivisions that are discrete from each other.

Eagle harbor is interconnected and most houses are on throughfares (less ideal for little kids playing in the street). Eagle harbor has a more extensive community activity calendar and more extensive trails (probably due to size).

Fleming Island plantation has a concert series with local bands that they hold a few times a year. Aside from that, I don't do too much with the community's events.

The schools, library and shops are in the periphery of the community of FIP and EH. There are a lot of areas for shopping along 220 and Publix has just opening a new store next to the Fleming Plantation BLVD entrance.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:12 PM

105 posts, read 338,447 times
A realtor told me Eagle Harbor has the "blingiest bling" of amenities. What exactly does that mean? Does that mean the amenities are nicer or that there are more or both of the above? Would they be *that* much better than the other 2 areas?

Are Eagle Harbor and FIP connected or the same? I see some listings that have both mentioned.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 PM

35 posts, read 93,573 times
Fleming Island Plantation and Eagle Harbor are going to be a bit further of a drive to the airport than JCP I think. I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly that was the factor that stopped us from pursuing that area (my dh commutes to the airport area).

Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM

53 posts, read 212,627 times
Default Jcp

Julington Creek is opening a new amenity center, very soon. But, it's way more than that. It's more like a health club, with clay tennis courts, skate park, leisure pool, competition pool. Go here to learn more Julington Creek CDD click on the construction progress tab

Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,733,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMee View Post
A realtor told me Eagle Harbor has the "blingiest bling" of amenities. What exactly does that mean? Does that mean the amenities are nicer or that there are more or both of the above? Would they be *that* much better than the other 2 areas?

Are Eagle Harbor and FIP connected or the same? I see some listings that have both mentioned.
Eagle Harbor and Eagle Landing are sister communities.

Eagle harbor has more pools interspersed throughout the development with the main one at the entrance from Highway 17. EH and EL are busier golf courses. There are more social activities for families at both. EL has its own fitness club.

If you have a desire to get involved with a lot of activities with your neighbors, then EH is your obvious choice (over FIP).

FIP has only 2 pool parks (kiddy pool/wading pool/snack bar) and the lap pools close to the golf club. They have several clay tennis courts, a picnic area, sand volleyball nets, 2 basketball courts.

A movie theater is supposedly coming to Fleming Island behind the Mellow Mushroom but I haven't seen much in terms of construction (Nov 2008 - yeah, right). We are closer to the high school, county library and other shops/restaurants. I feel I have a quicker exit out of the community than some residents in EH.

MyClaySun.com: Fleming Island movie theater to be open by November

In the end, what is MOST important is the house and neighborhood that you feel comfortable and a house that you feel your family will enjoy.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:49 PM

3 posts, read 8,671 times
Jcp is a nice place. only problem is there is nothing to do without traveling a good 15 minutes. and the cops over here don't give warnings its just pretty much ticket after ticket because the roads change speeds and if you miss one your sol.

Old 09-19-2008, 03:44 PM

14 posts, read 29,062 times
When we lived in Jax we chose JCP because it was closer to the beach. Both areas have good schools but we also liked the fact that JCP was in St. John's County. This was 5 years ago so not sure how they compare now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville