Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 06:00 AM

15 posts, read 56,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolgirl51 View Post
Hi, yes we are in Sedona and just love it here. I was born and raised in Jacksonville and lived there until I was 35. We have lived in many othere places since but always returned to NE Florida to visit family and friends. We were members of Sawgrass and spent most weekends at the beach. PV is a lovely area. I know you will enjoy it there.
Sedona is awesome, as I understand from friends. . Arizona is beautiful...have enjoyed Tuscon(Can. Ranch) and Phoenix. the desert scenery is amazing.
Thanks for your response...it's nice you stay in touch with Jax and that you visit the ocean from time to time. I amtrying to get back to the coast after being land bound for quite a few years. It's strange that a hurricaine is headed to the area we've been looking at.... after everyone told us that hurricaines almost never hit the Jax beaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 06:05 AM

15 posts, read 56,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Actually new home prices have already started going up. A lot of the entry level homebuilders have already begun raising their prices, choosing to sit and wait for profitibility, rather than sell at all costs. We are 3 years into the housing/credit, the top of the bubble being July 2005. We might not be at the very bottom, but we are very close. Entry level home prices will start to climb first, then as those homeowners start to have more equity in their home, they start moving up, then it works it's way up the chain.

No one can call the "exact" bottom, but my opinion is you should not be pushed to buy something just because your realtor may think it's the bottom. You should buy what you like, unless it's strictly an investment you plan to sell in 3-5 years for a profit. In that case, I would probably be pushing you as well. I myself am scouring for the deals that are out there right now myself. The prices at the beaches haven't really taken a big hit and have remained relatively flat, but that will change soon, when everything else starts going up, the beaches will begin their price ascent again as well.

Thanks for your response. It seems you are in the business so to speak and I appreciate hearing your ideas.
We are thinking long term... would plan to live there full time eventually.
What do you think about the flood/wind insurance situ east of A1A in North PVB? I've heard it is very difficult to get insurance. Also are septic tanks something to avoid at all costs? The property taxes in PVB are very high, too....lots of carrying costs.
Thanks....J

Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 AM

288 posts, read 954,836 times
Sawgrass Players Club!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:47 PM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,235,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbak17 View Post
We don't want to feel like we are in in a huge housing development that could be in any city.
The biggest housing development in PVB is Marsh Landing. That's probably too large for you.

The most distinct area would probably be Old Ponte Vedra Beach. Homes have appreciated extremely well over the years and in real good areas (not close to A1A) prices have not gone down much. But you don't find too many newer homes there. (I for one find the older ones much nicer.)

Also distinct: the Boulevard. Best area is north of Corona, I think, second best between Corona and Micklers Landing. Would I want to live there? Probably not. I would be concerned about traffic and security.

Then there are some really nice places within the Sawgrass Country Club. Lighthouse Bend, Old Barn Island, The Preserve (although a bit close to always busy A1A). I think the Country Club has tons of character. It is gated, safe and quiet.

There are also lovely areas in the Players Club, like Sawgrass Island and Sawgrass Pointe, with large newer homes within your budget. It is also gated - good for security. The golf course is awesome, says my husband.

I haven't been in The Plantation or Plantation Oaks (only admired the impressive entry of the latter), but there are tons of homes in your category. They do not sell easily. And I personally wouldn't want to live off CR210/ Palm Valley Road (The Plantation also has an outlet to A1A, though). With Nocatee on its way, there will be MUCH more traffic than today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbak17 View Post
What do you think about the flood/wind insurance situ east of A1A in North PVB? I've heard it is very difficult to get insurance.
That's true. We (or rather our long term renters do it for us) are currently looking for a new insurance company as State Farm Florida has discontinued writing policies for homes within 1 mile of the ocean. If they find an insurer, I can let you know.

Being on septic tank is nothing I'm familiar with.

So, once again: Would you like to share the links to those two homes you like best? What do you like about them? Maybe I know something about the listings that your realtor doesn't tell you.

In general, all the neighborhoods you mentioned are nice, and PVB is a very desirable and upscale place to live. You probably need to spend more time there to really get the feeling for what area you like best and why.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:03 PM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,235,610 times
Another suggestion: Atlantic Beach. Have you been there? It's the northernmost beach town of Jacksonville, north of Atlantic Boulevard. The area close to the beach (east of Seminole Road and Selva Marina Drive) is gorgeous! If you're interested: zip is 32233, but look for Atlantic Beach East areas only.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 PM

93 posts, read 286,202 times
we moved to Cypress creek in players club area of Sawgrass about 40 days ago.

LOVE it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville