Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 02:46 PM

27 posts, read 115,927 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard or know of anything for "Sandy Creek" by SEDA construction? I looked and viewed the community and seems nice. My family and I are looking to move around the 1st of the year. It is zoned for Mill Creek elementary of WGV. I was also wondering if anyone knew of Glen st johns by dr horton. Glen St Johns is off Leo Maguire pkwy. There is not much built out there yet. They are zoned for the new Liberty Academy. I am kind of apprehensive about Glen St Johns as Dr Horton was building in Heritage Landing, and as it is nice, but ran down a lot, which I am sure has a lot to do with the mortgage crisis. Any help would be great. We are just so confused. I am leaning a lot towards Sandy Creek as the lots are bigger, and I don't think will get too too big. Plus you get a lot of house for the money with lots of upgrades. However the truck stops are right there. Granted it still is a nice drive away from them. I just don';t know. HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 04:25 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
I can offer this - I've looked at a lot of SEDA homes and a lot of DR Horton homes and I would pick SEDA over DR Horton in a heartbeat, SEDA is better quality, better design.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 PM

60 posts, read 257,844 times
The only issue you may find with the trucks is in the morning at rush hour. To get a left out of Sandy Creek maybe VERY difficult due to the trucks pulling out of the truck stops they slept at overnight. The stop with the restaurant then the one a little bit down with the McDonalds. I used to go through there to to go work before I moved off of 210 and some days were worse than others with truck traffic. Otherwise that community is set far back off 210 so noise should not be a factor.

As for Glen St Johns...we also looked to build in there a year ago till we were told how much the CDD fees were...not worth it at all in my opinion for what you paid for!! Also, something to keep in mind..... Leo Maguire is set to eventually cut all the way through to WGV Pkwy eventually (my guess is that is at least 5 years out) ....so traffic will DEFINATELY increase once that happens.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:27 AM

604 posts, read 4,620,598 times
dh and i drove thru Glen St Johns couple weeks ago, I didn't even realize it was back there. Looks like eventually they will have a lot of homes but just a sprinkle of them now. I would have reservations in this housing market buying into a just starting off community. The development will take a loooongg time to complete. I live in a smaller community of 400 homes near WGV that started selling almost 3 years ago and is just over 1/2 full. We expected the development to fill in quickly but b/c of the mkt it is slow. Each day cement, drywall, lumber, and dump trucks parade thru the development. I'll be glad when there done!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
Good advice from all the above. Just to add on, DR Horton is the largest builder in the country. I have sold some of their homes to customers who were happy with them, and I will say, that while the home inspector found quite a few small defects, Horton had everything fixed by the time of closing. I never sold any SEDA homes, so cannot comment first hand, but the consensus among my colleagues who have been in the business much longer than me mirrors riveree's sentiments.

Beware of new construction right now. There's a reason for those great incentives builders are giving. Perhaps you would want to look into some fully built out subdivisions instead.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:54 AM

414 posts, read 1,862,108 times
Make sure you know the complete plan for your development, when approximate complete build out times are and if any proposed roads will affect that. I bought into a community and didn't understand the builder's revised plans due to new roads and the housing slump. THey pulled out and there are many lots without a clear plan as to when they'll be completed. I agree, they're offering great incentives because they're not selling the homes as quickly as they need to.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:13 PM

27 posts, read 115,927 times
thank you all for your imput. definatly gave me things to think about. we are still leaning towards sandy creek. i really love the way their houses look. yes it is a cookie cutter type of community but has a unique look at the same time. i looked into many homes in heritage landing as resales and they are the same models and floorplans that will be in aberdeen and glen st johns. the traffic i am not too worried about as i stay at home with my chuildren and my husband leaves the house at 6 to be at work b/w 630 and 7. we used to live off old st augutine in bartram park and that always got backed up but never anythign to discourage us. are there any other new cimmunities around the 210 area that anyone knows of. We loved living in Bartram Park but they are all townhomes. I heard that they were going to start houses but I wonder when that would be. If they were I would go back there in a heart beat. Thanks again to all...

Old 08-28-2008, 07:08 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
You might want to check into Aberdeen & Durban's Crossing. That's between Race Track Rd. and 210.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 PM

53 posts, read 212,614 times
Aberdeen - beware of the water treatment plant! it can smell a bit gamey at times!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:45 PM

68 posts, read 324,061 times
Stonehurst plantation off cr 210 is great! Also, sevilla over in WGV has some phenomenal deals as well and is VERY close to new shopping which is under construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville