Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 PM

94 posts, read 480,143 times

Advertisements

I don't mean to be so negative but wanted to share with you guys that the people over at Pullen, Watts, Sherrill (11808 San Jose Blvd.) are on the not so nice side!

My husband and I went there using our BCBSF VSP insurance since they are listed on the site. The initial doctor was good but the guy Eric who works there is so rude! He flat out told my husband and I that VSP was pretty much "welfare-like" insurance! He told us we would be better off going to Wal-Mart to get our glasses since we had VSP! I am sorry but how many people have VSP? Hello, VSP is one of the largest eye care insurances. Plus BCBSF has one of the better plans I have seen!

I did not go into their office to beg for anything free! We ended up with a $246 out of pocket bill and our glasses are not the best! My husbands glasses broke 3 days after we picked them up. Even though they say that they are under warrantee they did not fix his glasses so now we have to pay to go somewhere else to get him glasses and once again pay for them!

They try to sell you things that are not needed such as glare free--please be aware that the glare free they sell is not that great! If I wear my glasses while driving during the night time they have the worst glare ever! I really which I would have know I would have saved $120 from the total out of pocket cost.

Please save your time and do not go here...find somewhere else to go to. No one needs to be treated as dirt by someone who is not giving you FREE services!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:17 PM

870 posts, read 2,169,539 times
I've been going there for 16 years and have been very happy with the service I have received. I will admit that their frames may be more expensive than at Target,but I don't know as I didn't check out any other place.
Maybe you should call the doctors and let them know about your complaints.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:57 PM

859 posts, read 3,605,580 times
secret to great glasses? shop oversea online stores, mainly from Asia. you just need to know your prescription. the quality and selection is far greater than local stores and the price is a fractions of any retail store. many, many, people swears by them.

and as a general shopping rule, if they treat you like dirt, walk out with money in YOUR pocket.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 PM

549 posts, read 2,198,645 times
I don't know about shopping overseas for my glasses, but I sure as hell wouldn't have stayed and spent my money in a place where they're rude. There's plenty enough places around that would love to have the business.

BTW, you can also report them to your insurance company....

Old 09-03-2008, 09:08 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,344,360 times
From the Terms of Service:

This is not the right place for consumer complaints. Such posts present defamation issues and they don't give the other side the opportunity to present their side of the argument.

Since the thread turned into more of a discussion with different viewpoints, I will close it rather than the usual deletion we do for consumer complaint threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville