Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 07:45 AM

367 posts, read 695,627 times

Advertisements

For the bikers out there, I insert this public service announcement:

The Special Olympics of Duval County and the Silverbacks Bike Club are holding their first annual Poker Run on October 4th. The cost is $15.00 for the first rider and $10.00 for each additional rider. (Motorcycle or car) All proceeds from the event go to the Special Olympics of Duval County. The ride starts at 9:00 and goes until 11:00 and will start at Big Bike Motorcycles and end at Box Seats of Jacksonville.

For those who don't know what a poker run is, you jump on your bike and drive to each location in which you will receive a playing card. The rider with the best hand at the end will get a great prize. Following the ride, there will be a post-ride party taking place at Box Seats of Jacksonville. We will have bands, fun for the kids, games, raffles, food and MUCH more!!

For more information, contact me on here and I will answer anything I can. Oh yeah, I am also emceeing the event, so you all can see for yourselves that I am as insane in person as I am on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 09:16 AM

38 posts, read 99,551 times
Default How is the motorcycle environment in NEFL now????

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioclown View Post
For the bikers out there

For more information, contact me on here and I will answer anything I can.
Hey RC,

I haven't ridden a bike in FL for about 15 years. I have been riding out West. Phoenix and the Interstates are a nightmare for motorcycling, and even some of the rural areas aren't all that safe. My wife and I each have a motorcycle. She has a Ducati Monster S2R 1000 and I have a Moto Guzzi Griso.

What is it like to ride there? Riding in the rain doesn't bother us, but we do try to avoid the Love Bugs. I'd just like to know how safe it is now. When we last rode in FL it was fine just about anywhere (except maybe Miami, Tampa and Orlando).

Thanks,

Johnne Lee

Old 09-24-2008, 12:24 PM

367 posts, read 695,627 times
I am not a biker myself, but from conversations I have had, it is safe to ride here. As long as you have a shield on your helmet to deflect the bugs, you should be just fine.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 PM

1,555 posts, read 4,149,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioclown View Post
I am not a biker myself, but from conversations I have had, it is safe to ride here. As long as you have a shield on your helmet to deflect the bugs, you should be just fine.
If you don't have one, you just have to brush your teeth good afterwards.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnne Lee View Post
Hey RC,

I haven't ridden a bike in FL for about 15 years. I have been riding out West. Phoenix and the Interstates are a nightmare for motorcycling, and even some of the rural areas aren't all that safe. My wife and I each have a motorcycle. She has a Ducati Monster S2R 1000 and I have a Moto Guzzi Griso.

What is it like to ride there? Riding in the rain doesn't bother us, but we do try to avoid the Love Bugs. I'd just like to know how safe it is now. When we last rode in FL it was fine just about anywhere (except maybe Miami, Tampa and Orlando).

Thanks,

Johnne Lee

Ohhhhhhhh, when he said "bike," I thought he meant bicycle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville