Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 06:51 PM

47 posts, read 182,948 times

Advertisements

We really like the Eagle Harbor community from what we've researched online but we've never been there. What are your thoughts on this community and are there any other ones like this we should look at? Thanks Everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 04:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times
also look at Flemming Island plantation
whcih is just a little south on 17
also another one to check is Pace Island it is a little older than EH but gated

any where in that area is nice

karla

Old 02-10-2007, 09:47 AM

Thanks. Looks really nice, can't wait to see for myself in May!

Old 02-10-2007, 01:54 PM

8 posts, read 49,191 times
The only problem with both EH and Fleming Island are the additional CDD fees for the area. You can get other subdivisions right in the same area without the fees...make sure you look around good! I live in Doctors Inlet Reserve and we only have our association fee, not the CDD taxes of $1500 annually on top of the property taxes.

Be careful of that! It's a 30-year fee

Old 02-10-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomich1008 View Post
The only problem with both EH and Fleming Island are the additional CDD fees for the area. You can get other subdivisions right in the same area without the fees...make sure you look around good! I live in Doctors Inlet Reserve and we only have our association fee, not the CDD taxes of $1500 annually on top of the property taxes.

Be careful of that! It's a 30-year fee
Yes but doesn't paying that fee give you access to all those ammenities all the time? Cause that's the draw for us and with applying for the homestead act and tacking on the $1500 CDD fee, our taxes there will still be less than the $3600 we're paying now and we have no ammenities to speak of. If you belong to those other nbrds close by, you don't get access to Eagle Harbor's ammenities, right?

Old 02-11-2007, 04:50 PM

11 posts, read 53,452 times
If you live in the Fleming Island area and work you could have a problem if you have a mandatory arrival time. The short distance to the interstate alone could take you 35-45 minutes if there are no accidents. It is the only road out of there unless you plan to backtrack and crossover to Blanding Blvd where the wait would be longer. The homes are pretty there but the lots are very small. The fire departments covering the area are short staffed and very underpaid. The shooting incidents in that area are minimal. It is best to make sure you have in hand and actually read the deed restrictions, etc, before buying a home in that area or anywhere else. Fleming Island is in Clay County which is also experiencing school crowding. I suppose all of Florida is having the same experience. Honestly, traffic is a problem no matter where you live in Duval, Clay or St. Johns county. FInd a place near your office and save yourself some grief.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:11 AM

69 posts, read 292,239 times
Default Eagle Harbor-information for the person asking

Eagle Harbor, a community located in the Fleming Island area of Orange park, is one that has received awards for best planning and it will be evident when you tour it after viewing other developments. We found this community after 2 one month long stays in the St Augustine and Jacksonville area looking for a second home purchase. We went in out of streets, developments, communities and when we saw this one, we felt that it far surpassed other developments we had toured. Note that Most developments will have cdd costs and amenity fees. If you want a full service community you pay for it. In Eagle Harbor you are also paying off a bond, the total fees for the year runs about $1800, or a little more or less and depends on what neighborhood you are living in. It shows up on your tax bill. $150 a month is not really bad considering what you get.
EH is extremely well kept and maintained, all the public facilities are beautiful, the golf course and golf club are very nice in a low key style, there is a restaurant in the golf club, that offers family night dinners for cheap.
There are 3 swimming pool complexes, with snack bars, very beautiful and nicely maintained. There is a huge tennis complex with alot of courts and tennis shop. There are bike and walking trails throughout the community and public walkways that you can take to get to the lake or the creek, peaceful and beautiful scenery. There is a boating dock and boat storage. there are some planned family activities and leagues of all types.
Eagle Harbor is very spread out and encompasses alot of land but it is divided up into neighborhoods with their own name and character, and makes it feel smaller. You can find homes that are small and on smaller lots, or large and on larger lots with more space. There are still some building lots available in some of the newer sections. What impressed us was the attention the developer took to keep and build around the green areas. There are lots of trees, ponds, waterways, green areas throughout the community. They did not flatten everything and take out trees to build. You will see that type of thing here alot. It looks like a "moonscape" in many of the communities- house after house, and no trees, no green, no waterviews, flat and barren. Doctors Inlet Reserve is one for example. It is not like that here and that was one thing we really liked about it. In the middle of the community along rt 220 there is a commercial area that has stores and shopping. Eagle Harbor residences are on both sides of 220 and the commercial area runs inbetween. You do not have to travel far to get anything you need. There are also schools on the property, a library, ymca, etc. Basically y0u have everything you need and do not have to travel far. It is a very family oriented place and it seems that crime is not too big of a problem here, though there is some. Traffic, depending on the time of day can be slow but coming from the Northeast, this traffic is a piece of cake and not as bad as people would have you believe. In this area we also saw Pace Island(gated). I liked it alot due to the amount of natural preserve areas and wildlife in there and Fleming Island Plantation, which was just ok. The plantation borders parts of Eagle Harbor and I believe they share some of the schools together. Oakleaf is a new area they are building in but it is way out there with not much around it at this time, but they are putting in a big shopping mall. In parts of Oakleaf it also has that moonscape look to it.
Eagle Landing out in that area and part of Oakleaf is being developed by the people who did Eagle Harbor. May be worth checking that out too but it is really out in the boonies, with development it may change that feeling of being out in the middle of nowhere.
Eagle Harbor has their own real estate people on site and they will take you around on a tour if you want to tour the complex. They can show you resales and new. I am not a broker or affiliated with them in anyway so this is not a commercial endorsement, just some opinions on this area. If you have any other questions feel free to email.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:56 AM

great post Sue
coming form the NE have you been to Marios pizza in flemming island right across form the new shcool
very very close to up north pizza
karla

Old 02-14-2007, 02:16 PM

69 posts, read 292,239 times
Default Mario's

Hey Karla, thanx for the recommendation. Not sure what new school you are talking about or where Mario's is, can you be more specific? Is it on 220, if it is I have not noticed it.
Found good pizza at a place in a shopping mall on San Jose Blvd. in Mandarin.
They also have really good cheesecake which they make on the premise.Forgot the name but the mall is the one where publix just vacated and they went across the street in the Target Mall. I believe there is a round robin consignment shop next door to this pizza place. There is also great pizza in St Augustine at a place called Pizza Alley, if you are ever in the area.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:40 PM

sue
eeek i had a mind blank marios is at the beach (very good pizza too)
domenics is the one in flemming island
go down 17 past 220 turn into the big entrance to flemming island ( it will be right after the condos) follow that road around you will see a shopoping center
on your left it is in there. It is so good I have driven form the southside lol
I think the one you are talkign about in Mandarin is Rennas
they also have a argle shopping center location and one in the new St johns towne center ( rofl they know me at that one)
another member and I are kicking around the idea of doing a "pizza run" to try slices at different places to fine the best let me know if you want to join us
now if we could just find Bagels the 4 dozen I brought home from phila at xmas are almost gone
karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville