Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2008, 02:40 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Another thing...I see people keep saying religion is wrong and all this crap. Man look, my opinion is 2 dudes together is nasty. Has nothing to do with GOD. How I feel is "how I feel" I voted on how I felt, not what I read in the bible. Since people now have to "justify" their vote then fine, I will. People can't hide their race, but for years homosexuals have hid. If it is sooooo right? Why are you hiding? Why is it called "coming out"? Why can't I go outside butt azz naked? I have a nice package why can't I walk around and show it off? BECAUSE the rules say I CAN NOT. Who made the rules? THE PEOPLE. whites, blacks, men, women, jews, gays, str8s. Everyone has a say, that is why we vote on things.
You can have your view thats fine with me, and Im sure with alot of other gay people. What is wrong and it is very wrong, is that you don't get it. You are voting on a segment of the population that is not voting on you. We may find you nasty, DO YOU GET THAT? We are not talking about Politicians that are being voted into office, we are talking about peoples lifes. I nor other gay people have any right to vote what you do in your life, and thats just the tip of the iceberg, the gay marriage. It is being banned from military service, and treated like a pervert if your found out to be gay. Its being fired from jobs if they don't want "those "kind of people there. Its a number of ban gay from this that and the other, unless laws are in place to prevent the discrimination. So have your views thats fine, but unless I or someone else gay is voting on your life, your going to keep hearing it, until it stops, Because why should we pay taxes for your brats to go to school, when in turn we become the victims of endless anti gay initiatives. Many st8 people should be thankful they don't pay the huge amount of taxes many gay people are paying in this country. Simply because we have had to make something of ourselves and have earned the income. Im not sure half of them that vote yes on these ignorant initiatives are even capable of reading, let alone comprehenison and understanding. However I am damn sure they know how to vote by their own self righteousness and predjudices.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:02 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
Threads like this always bring out the ignorance & prejudice of an entire region. It's funny to watch some of you people claim you're all about equality, civil rights & liberties, then vote against those very things because they think the said topic is "nasty". Mmm, how fitting & becoming of you. Some of you are just tired clichés from the past & the country will move forward with or without you on issues like these (if history has taught us one thing it's that it WILL happen). So, I hope you find a nice hole to hide out in for the rest of your days so you can shelter yourselves from it & can keep enjoying your backwards ways.

And another thing. Its painfully obvious those who are against it really don't have much of an argument as to why they are. Saying stuff like, "well, why cant I have the right to marry a cow?" or "hey, I wanna walk around naked outside. Cant do that either, duurrr.", etc. Sorry, but thats just plum retarded & if you think that's some kind of legitimate & intelligent argument against this then I really do feel sorry for you. Has nothing to do with liberal vs conservative, it's just stupid. So, yeah. Keep it up. You guys are dong great.

I'm pretty much done with this topic. Life's too short to try to persuade people who have no grasp of the topic to begin with. Peace.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:51 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,115,292 times
Well I think people do have a very valid argument against it. Depending on how you interpret the Bible then homosexuality can be viewed as a sinful lifestyle. Even the messiah Obama has come out against homosexuality because of his religion, why are you not calling him cliche and whatever else you call people that hold a different view from your own? It is probably because Obama can do no wrong! It is such a funny double standard that liberals have.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:11 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
Gradco2004, you keep quoting all these wonderful people. But my main question is this, it was the black turnout in states like CA and here and all over that overwhemlingly voted for traditional marriage and against gay marriage. This was like a 75-25 ratio, whites and Hispanics were more 50-50. On top of this, blacks really showed up on election day, so much so that while this was not a record turnout by any means, even less new voters, there were so many black voters. It can clearly be argued that blacks are pretty much to blame for preventing this "right." It is almost ironic, because while they fought and successfully won their civil rights decades ago, here they are "preventing" a civil right for gays. My question is, why do all the gays continue to lamabash white Christian traditionalist groups without even questioning black churches or the black population in general?

My guess is a fear of the loss of political correctness power.

And frankly, knowing how many of these protesters are, this cross thing happened to be caught on tape, I can bet you anything, my life even, that that kind of over and hateful protesting is going on all over the place. I do not want to embarass myself and be associated in any way. By the way, since when does a ban on gay marriage mean a ban on civil unions?
Okay, you posted this same exact question in two threads... so I answered you on the Prop 8 thread.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Well I think people do have a very valid argument against it. Depending on how you interpret the Bible then homosexuality can be viewed as a sinful lifestyle. Even the messiah Obama has come out against homosexuality because of his religion, why are you not calling him cliche and whatever else you call people that hold a different view from your own? It is probably because Obama can do no wrong! It is such a funny double standard that liberals have.
Okay, you are just wrong on so many levels.

[1] Our government is not run by a group of pastors. Religion can influence your vote, of course; but laws should not come about from an obligation of your religion.

Example: An amendment is proposed to make the circumcision of little boys mandatory. If there is no compelling secular reason for this law, why in the hell does it need to be voted on? How does a child's foreskin affect YOUR OWN penis from operating? What rights of yours is someone else's foreskin' impeding on? I know this sounds ludacris, because it is. This is the argument against marriage equality. The bible says to mutilate a child's genitalia, plus you find foreskin nasty.

[2] You do not know what the word liberal means, or you just misuse it on purpose

[3] Before you even started posting in this forum, I, a liberal, said that I did not agree with Obama on this point. He is NOT against homosexuality, rather, he is against marriage equality. There is a difference.

You should quit generalizing and humble yourself to just ask people what they are thinking. You have been consistently wrong and insulting so far.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:34 PM

14 posts, read 62,046 times
Im finally leaving thos god foresaken hell and going back to Illinois

This must be the gayest state in the country

Old 11-13-2008, 07:41 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,115,292 times
Well someone is a little touchy feely if little old me can offend them on a discussion board.

Our country may not be run by the church, but it was founded on traditional Christian principles that still permeate our culture today, whether you like it or not. In my humbe opinion, the farther we stray from these principles, one of which includes freedom to worship as you please, then I believe the weaker our country will become on every single front, in our military, our economy, and our government, and worst of all on the personal front. Just look to Europe as an example of everything not to do, which unfortunately we are about to emulate Europe even further.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:45 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
1) No personal attacks. Debate the ideas, don't attack each other.

2) Stay on topic.

Thank you -mod

Old 11-13-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrunskill View Post
Im finally leaving thos god foresaken hell and going back to Illinois

This must be the gayest state in the country
Email me the guestlist, I'll host the going away party. Us gays can't adopt kids here, so I can afford to foot the bill. Plus my Q.ueer Eye is impeccable; can you say tasteful decor?

Old 11-13-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Well someone is a little touchy feely if little old me can offend them on a discussion board.

Our country may not be run by the church, but it was founded on traditional Christian principles that still permeate our culture today, whether you like it or not. In my humbe opinion, the farther we stray from these principles, one of which includes freedom to worship as you please, then I believe the weaker our country will become on every single front, in our military, our economy, and our government, and worst of all on the personal front. Just look to Europe as an example of everything not to do, which unfortunately we are about to emulate Europe even further.
That's just the thing, we cannot worship as we please. My God says that I can marry another man, your God doesn't. That means that your god is stepping on my toes, and I'm going to fight him tooth and nail.

It is crazy that you would cite the freedom to practice religion, then say it is okay to restrict my right to do just that. H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y. Given your perception of Europe, it is transparent that you have never lived, nor set foot upon their soil. I have lived there 12 years of my life, and can say that Europe is 10 lightyears ahead of the USA in every category. Unlike Europe, we DON'T practice what we preach in the US.

BTW... "INSULTED" implies contempt, not injury. I'm not narrow minded enough for you to offend me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville