Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2007, 11:35 AM

38 posts, read 199,700 times

Advertisements

i am looking to move to northeast fl
i was looking at flagler , palm coast , orange park , middle burg

does anyone know a nice safe area that
would be nice to live in ( in north east fl )....

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 12:55 PM

46 posts, read 284,341 times
It would help to know what you would consider "nice" or what is on your list of wants in an area... plus price/range etc. Do you have kids? Are schools an important equation? Are you looking for somewhere close to shopping, etc or somewhere more country?

I would recommend St Augustine or NE St Johns county (Fruit Cove, Julington Creek) for nice and safe area with great schools. Middleburg is ok, Orange Park has a lot of traffic which is extremely aggrivating to me. I dont know a whle lot about Palm Coast. We looked to buy there once and it struck me odd that you could have a brand new house built in 2007 next to a house that was built in the 80's...there just wasnt any uniformity. I like uniformity and it makes neighborhoods look clean and well kept...but everyone has their own opinions on that. I like having homeowner associations, where others hate it.

What area will you be working? If you will be working in Jax, Palm Coast is rather far. My friend lives there and likes it a lot though. She commutes to Jax daily. I just couldnt do it.

Im sure if you give more info you will get more responses.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:45 AM

90 posts, read 297,226 times
Baldwin is also a nice outlying area....very small...nice school....30 minute drive to most places in Jax.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:09 PM

5 posts, read 24,628 times
Default Thanks for reminding me... it's adventure!

I've been packing for over 2 months and this process is difficult. I'm relocating from Oakland CA to Jacksonville (returning to be close to family in St. Augustine). My relatives are becoming impatient and they don't believe I will make the move. I don't know if I'm simply too lazy or if I'm just bored with all the boxes.
Perhaps I'll miss living here after 30 years of "California Dreaming" , I certainly won't miss the earthquakes! Here's to the (adventure)!

Old 03-06-2007, 07:14 AM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,599 times
My husband and I are considering a move from central NJ, to NE Florida to be closer to family in Atlanta. We're thinking of Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island. We've visited a few times and liked the atmosphere - and the moderate-priced homes didn't hurt, although I must say that it isn't as warm as we'd expected. We have done lots of research on FB/AI, Palm Coast and Palm City - all good school systems (comparatively) - to assure that this would be a good investment. I've checked the sexual predator site also, and there seem to be a fair amount in those areas. These aren't areas for singles, but we are empty nesters, looking for some fun in the sun & cultural events too. I am a licensed clinical social worker and will continue to work after the move, but I'm not getting any leads on jobs in any of those areas. Wondering if it would be better for me to "hang a shingle" or to run an adolescent therapeutic clinic, all of which I've done before. Thanks for any thoughts from anyone.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:31 AM

38 posts, read 199,700 times
Default ocala fl

hi!

well, we are now looking to move to ocala. after driving the whole state. does anyone know of a nice area there? low crime areas... we ended up in lady lake. i heard it has alot of potential for business. but then i heard ocala is better. any input from someone who knows the areas? im planning a trip back up this weekend. has anyone heard of forest glenn? any info will help. thanx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville