Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 05:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,106,019 times

Advertisements

We finally got the last of the lights up, lol there is something a little weird about putting up lights on the house in shorts and flip flops.

I would say we are at a medium decoration level
though there are a couple high decoration level house in our neighborhood

I also learned buy 5 more boxes of lights than you think you will need
I also learned that those auto times are your friend
lol even the tree inside has one yay no more climbing behind the tree to un-plug it at night

So whats at your house and in your neighborhood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 06:06 AM

97 posts, read 404,158 times
Hey Karla! Hope you're doing well. I thought I'd respond from Jersey as the kids are in an apartment.

We decorate with white icecle lights (tudor-styled home with two peaks), white stars on banister, 5 small white trees in one landscape bed and one large white tree and one reindeer in the other landscape bed. We don't have any trees/large shrubs out front, so we keep the decorations simple and white bulbs only. My goal for next year is to find an all-white nativity scene that won't trip my breaker! As for the timers...LOVE the concept! We turn off the landscape lights during this time and put the Christmas lights on the timer and waalaaa.... beautiful lights from 5pm-midnight!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:03 AM

Good morning MAI1229
How are thing in NJ please enjoy a poppy seed bagel for me

Your decorations sound great
This year we added some of the led blue lights on the bushes they work well with the blue & white icicle lights we have on the house it is a nice soft touch of color

If the kids have a balcony they can put lights on the railing

Old 12-10-2008, 08:10 AM

97 posts, read 404,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning MAI1229
How are thing in NJ please enjoy a poppy seed bagel for me

Your decorations sound great
This year we added some of the led blue lights on the bushes they work well with the blue & white icicle lights we have on the house it is a nice soft touch of color

If the kids have a balcony they can put lights on the railing
Hey Karla - I'll bring you a 1/2 dozen in January
I strung up those cute little 2" latern lights on their balcony during the summer. The type that have a very soft illumination. I suppose those two clowns could replace with actual Christmas lights, but since they're flying home after exams, I doubt they will!
One of these days I may actually add color to my decorations, but to me, there's something special about all white bulbs when it snows or when the snow melts and we have actual icecles!
MaryAnn

Old 12-11-2008, 04:38 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
, lol there is something a little weird about putting up lights on the house in shorts and flip flops.
That's funny Karla....and we are taking the kids to a Christmas Pool party on Saturday.

As for decorating, I always do that the same day I do all my Christmas shopping, which is December 24th. I'll be the guy in the mall with beads of sweat trickling down the side of my face with the frantic look on my face, pacing up and down each aisle in a hurried frenzy.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:28 AM

shaken since I don't have to ship gifts this year (up north is coming down here) I might be in the same last minute frenzy !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: