U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM

87 posts, read 327,197 times

Advertisements

Hi...I have two horses and would love to be in a horse friendly neighborhood or community...ideally would like to have them on my own property...I heard Jennings Park (?) is a great place to ride in St Johns County and curious about that area...are there affordable areas like this for about $300K tops??? Is that even possible? I am not interested in hugh quantities of land, just enough for approx. two horses...schools are very important and heard schools A rated in St Johns...

I am researching from MA and coming to visit in March...Can anyone help with information? and thanks in advance!

P.S.
Also are their any equine publications for the area or well known tack shop???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 01:14 PM

414 posts, read 1,693,826 times
There is a new horse community called Jacksonville Ranch Club. My husband and I looked at some property that was affordable, but we just decided to buy existing construction instead. This community is on the west side of jacksonville, but it's pretty far out and not near some of the less desirable areas. Some one-acre homesites started at around $40,000. If you google 'Jacksonville Ranch Club' you can find it. Hope this helps.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:33 PM

8,204 posts, read 32,897,891 times
Have you checked out our new Equestrian Center? You might want to make a visit there and talk to folks:

http://www.jaxevents.com/equestriancenter.php

Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 AM

561 posts, read 1,866,953 times
I've noticed that most existing horse properties (especially in St Johns) are very expensive. The price per acre can be astronomical.

The problem is that, as Jacksonville sprawls outward, most of the rural land is re-zoned as "low density residential" which will prohibit keeping horses or farm animals on your property. So any nearby land that's zoned for horses will be in high demand, since they aren't making any more if it.

If you are willing to live in more isolated and/or redneck areas, your best bet is probably the far westside (as crash mentioned) or perhaps far flung locations in Baker, Nassau, or Clay. But honestly, then the schools are a concern.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:10 AM

Location: Teams in 2 locations: Jacksonville, FL & Aldie/Chantilly VA.
63 posts, read 207,839 times
Welcome ReniHope,
I did a quick search for you, and I found two properties in the Middleburg area that were around 1,900 and 1,600 sqft homes with acreage for horses, for $260,000 and 272,000. THe development was FoxMeadow and Black Creek.
Then on the north/west side of the 295 loop, is Jacksonville Ranch Club. You can get between 2-4 acres of land from $70-90,000. (that's their asking price, so you could always offer less). And there are plenty of builders that could build you a home on the land.
So it is possible to find what you are looking for, just depends on whether you'd want to build or buy a re-sale home.
The weather is beautiful here, it was 70 yesterday!!
MKGolfer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville