Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:11 PM

57 posts, read 285,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2jax View Post
...My wife and I are tired of the cold weather. We're tired of the noise and pollution. We want to live in a single family home in a smaller city, ideally near the ocean. That's why we considered JAX...
I think you have already made your mind up. Moving to Jax (or anywhere) is not for you. You need friends, if not therapy, to find your niche in this world.

cheers

Old 01-12-2009, 06:19 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
The beach is what makes Florida Florida. NYC ain't got no beach- NYAH, NYAH, NYAH!

Coney Island (Brooklyn), Rockaway (Queens), Jacob Riis Park (Brooklyn), Orchard Beach (the Bronx), South Beach (Staten Island). There are 4 other boroughs of NYC, besides Manhattan, FYI.

An island is a body of land surrounded on all 4 sides by water. Brooklyn and Queens are geographically part of Long ISLAND. Staten Island, is well, Staten ISLAND.

Last edited by TANaples; 01-12-2009 at 06:36 PM..

Old 01-12-2009, 08:28 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
The beach is what makes Florida Florida. NYC ain't got no beach- NYAH, NYAH, NYAH!

Coney Island (Brooklyn), Rockaway (Queens), Jacob Riis Park (Brooklyn), Orchard Beach (the Bronx), South Beach (Staten Island). There are 4 other boroughs of NYC, besides Manhattan, FYI.

An island is a body of land surrounded on all 4 sides by water. Brooklyn and Queens are geographically part of Long ISLAND. Staten Island, is well, Staten ISLAND.
Lets not forget the famous Jersey Shore!!!!

Last edited by DailyJournalist; 01-12-2009 at 08:44 PM..

Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 PM

560 posts, read 2,076,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
deleted my post BC after reading more than the OP's first comment, I realized that it is best not to feed the trolls Our boys must be having another sleep over...
Indeed, there's no way the OP is for real. He's just a troll - probably the same guy who got banned (twice) the other night.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:28 PM

627 posts, read 1,295,879 times
Yeah.. you're a typical New Yorker - condescending and arrogant and you want to pass it off as "humor". I was born and raised in NYC and lived there 48 years. I apologize to anyone from Jax who finds my response offensive. This person just reminds me of the reasons I can't stand NYC.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 AM

166 posts, read 376,377 times
wow
ive been known to make some iffy comments but nothing near the level of this guy
at least if that is how he feels tho at least hes being honest about it i give him that much
if taht is the way people in new york are then i want nothing to do with that place ever

Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 AM

563 posts, read 1,449,452 times
Quote:
Ah... Jupiter, Boca Raton, Weston, and Sanibel Island. I'll look into those tonight. Thanks, friendo.
Bubba? Is that you? Get offen that silly com-puter an git on bak home. The good people in the li-berry must be sik of ya by now! Quit makin' these folks all riled up.
Darn tweeker!!! Sik n tired...
An don't forgit to bring over that half bottle of Jack Daniels...Mama's actin' up agin...

Old 01-13-2009, 09:53 AM

718 posts, read 1,149,690 times
Quote:
I am trying to decide whether JAX is right for my wife and me. Based on the threads here, I think the answer is a resounding NO.

I grew up in an upper-middle class section of Manhattan (NYC). That means I'm white and well educated. It means I notice all the typos on this forum and it makes me fear for the future of the country. I'm my early 40s - married, no kids. I earned a MBA from a top business school in Washington, DC and now earn a six figure income at a large company in New York. Although born into a Jewish family, I'm an atheist (e.g. "there is no God.").Six figures is not impressive at all.

My wife and I are tired of the cold weather. We're tired of the noise and pollution. We want to live in a single family home in a smaller city, ideally near the ocean. That's why we considered JAX.
Don't move to Jax. Not a good fit. The Jax folks will be saying "There goes the neighborhood. Another Yankee loser moving in."

"... earned a MBA from a top business school in Washington, DC and now earn a six figure income at a large company in New York".

So basically, you're an employee working for a large company in NYC. The "Help", like most of us working in NYC, so to speak. Next time, claim at least a million bucks. Practically everyone worth their salt in NYC makes six figures, without the so called MBA degree. Heck, a Project Lead makes six figures. VPs get million dollar bonuses. (I have several years experience in taxes, employee compensation and benefits.).

I lived in Jacksonville for one year, from June 2007 to 2008. If you move to Jax with the measly six figures, you'll still be one of the help. Middle class. Okay... , if you make the high six figures, maybe "upper" middle class. Trust me, there are a bunch of wealthy people in the Jacksonville area. Heck, even an unassuming sub shop owner I knew in Jax grossed in the upper six figures. I know this because I reviewed the financial records when I was considering buying his sub shop in the first quarter of 2008.

You mentioned coming up with a lot of negatives in your research of Jacksonville. I'm trying to understand your thought process here: "Hey honey, I found a bunch of negatives on Jacksonville. It sounds like a ghetto. Why don't we check it out and see if we should live there?!". Glad to see that MBA degree is being put to good use.

You're right. If the MBAs think this way, we do need to fear for the future of the country.

MBA:
Mediocre But Arrogant
Mentality Below Average
Master of Bull$hit Assignments

There's that Yankee sense of humor .....

Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 AM

87 posts, read 361,045 times
I posted some not nice responses to OP and I am not to proud of it and wish to apologize...It''s better to ignore people like that...One of the most wonderful things about these forums is the people and how helpful and positive they are. I am from NY and hope all of us NYers are not judged by this person-that makes me sad.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:26 AM

166 posts, read 376,377 times
compare manhattan to jax?
lmao dumbest **** ever posted ive seen
why dont we compare phoenix to anartica while were at it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville