Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 PM

3 posts, read 5,304 times

Advertisements

I am a Purchasing Agent/Buyer with 28 years of experience in the manufacturing world. My wife and I want to move from Northern Michigan to the Jacksonville area. I need to know a good Head Hunter to assist in job relocation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 PM

4,620 posts, read 14,945,488 times
Doing a 'net search gives a list of local recruiting companies, but I honestly don't know anything about any of them - reputable? scam artists?

If no one else pops on here with an answer, all I can suggest is do a 'net search, look at some of the websites, judge by a first impression, and then call those that appear reputable and see how they sound. That process is still a crap shoot, but perhaps somewhat useful?

Old 02-04-2009, 04:42 PM

Default Head Hunters in Jacksonville

Thanks for your reply. I never thought that I would be trying to swim in a sea a sharks.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:46 PM

4,620 posts, read 14,945,488 times
Another thought I had was do a job search on monster and careerbuilder and look at the companies and recruiters listing jobs in Jacksonville. They don't necessarily have to be specific jobs for your skill and experience, but you might be able to get a sense of what's here.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:31 AM

8,893 posts, read 20,299,691 times
I've been looking for a Purchasing (and/or Inventory) position as well. Very few here right now! I read that you have 28 years of experience, as I have a lot of experience also (civilian and Navy). Do you have a Bachelors Degree and/or CPM? I don't have either and that is definitely hurting me! In fact, my wife is an Accountant (with a Bachelors and plenty of experience) and she is having a hard time finding a job! Part of the problem is that we are 60 years old, but employers don't know our age right away, so..........?
Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Oliver View Post
I am a Purchasing Agent/Buyer with 28 years of experience in the manufacturing world. My wife and I want to move from Northern Michigan to the Jacksonville area. I need to know a good Head Hunter to assist in job relocation.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:45 AM

Hello LoveBoating. Thanks for you reply. I do have a Bachelor's Degree and have had 4 phone interviews with companies in Jacksonville. 3 with the same company. I am finding that alot of businesses are placing adds for Buyers/Purchasing Agents. But due to the continue downward spiral of the economy, they are not taking action. Good luck on your endevor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: