Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,295 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and I will be moving to Jacksonville at the end of the year. I was hoping someone could tell me the best areas to live. I know the Pontre Vedra Area and think that might be out of our price range. We are looking for a townhome or a starter home. We are young adults and would like to live in an area that is young and hip. Can anyone help? Thank you so very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 01:14 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,157,714 times
Hi Elocke
Do you know where you will be working? This may have a impact on where to live.
What kind of range are you looking to spend? I know you can get a ice "patio home" around 1100 sq ft in Ponte Vedra beach for aorund $200k
I have also seen townhomes and condos in the $160 + range
I am familiar with the Southside and Ponte Vedra area, I know there are a couple of folks on the forums that are familiar with Riverside and San Marco.
So give us an idea of what you are looking to spend and how far from work you want tobe and we will be able to give you someome information

karla

Old 03-14-2007, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,295 times
I unfortunately do not know where I will be working. It is also quite possible that I will go to Graduate school for my business degree. My fiancee travels weekly so his work place is irreleveant. We are looking to spend around $250-400. Again, I just want to be in a fun area of town. I currently live in Dallas. Thank you so much for your input.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:31 PM

Elocke
I am thinking either san marco or the beach (atlantic,neptune)
as much as I love PV i think your looking more toward those areas for fun and hip
I sent you a PM with a link to a review of san marco.
you can also google san marco jacksonville and the different beaches.

karla

Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 PM

2 posts, read 3,255 times
My wife and I are also considering relocating to Jacksonville. We have 2 children, 3 years and 16 mos. I will be working for Bank of America near downtown area along 9000 Southside Blvd. We want to rent for a few months so we can check out the housing while there. 6-9 mos. term. I know it's only temporary, I want the best for our children. I have been getting a lot of bad feed backs from all of the apartment tenants in the area of Jacksonville. From high crime rates to bad property managers. What we want is an apartment that the locals would recommend.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:26 AM

cybernoypi
I know exactly where you will be working (I have lots of friends that work there my neighbor also works there)
You will be on what is considered the Southside, You are about 20-25 mins from downtown
within 5 mins of the "campus" you have the Avenus mall,and a couple small "strip" malls right across the street. that have a boarders book store, target, home depot etc. Its a great area
A little pricey but "village walk" apartments on Gate parkway(a few miles north of BoA) are very nice (I would live there)
there are also a few condos in the area that the owners rent.
Just to make sure you want to rent for 6 to 9 months then buy?

Most of the apts around here have 7 to 12 month leases.
There are also quite a few really nice neighborhoods right near BoA that I can recommend. They are in a "grade A" school district which you will need for your oldest in a few years.

feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions

Old 03-18-2007, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 15,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELocke View Post
My fiancee and I will be moving to Jacksonville at the end of the year. I was hoping someone could tell me the best areas to live. I know the Pontre Vedra Area and think that might be out of our price range. We are looking for a townhome or a starter home. We are young adults and would like to live in an area that is young and hip. Can anyone help? Thank you so very much!
ponte vedre, jax beach...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: