Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:03 AM

564 posts, read 1,879,154 times

Advertisements

I only got to spend a few hours there but my wife and I were duly impressed-what a beautiful town! We walked around a bit and visited the old fort and the Ripley's Museum (at my yougest sons insistence).
It impressed us as having all the charm of Key West without the tackiness, and we are planning a return trip as soon as we can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 06:52 AM

725 posts, read 2,570,478 times
How was Ripley's? I've never been..

Old 02-24-2009, 07:36 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,051 times
City of St. Augustine ... best kept secret in all of Fl. Shhh!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryde41 View Post
How was Ripley's? I've never been..
My sons and I loved it! My wife was so-so... Lots of neat and weird stuff. It's the only one that we've been to.

cricketfan- you are too right!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:18 AM

238 posts, read 782,275 times
I agree its great to visit. All those touristy things lose their fun if you live there for a while. I used to love hanging out in downtown st. aug and getting some food at one of the cool little shops. Even after living there for three years I never went to the ripleys

Old 02-24-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-VA-FL View Post
I agree its great to visit. All those touristy things lose their fun if you live there for a while. I used to love hanging out in downtown st. aug and getting some food at one of the cool little shops. Even after living there for three years I never went to the ripleys
You were missing out, it's interesting in a weird way. The building is fascinating in and of itself.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 PM

233 posts, read 766,413 times
I love St. Augustine! It has a European or Latin American feel to it. The little shops, especially in the historic quarter, are fun to go to, as are many of the attractions.

I've been to Ripley's before, last time I went there when I was 10 (almost 11) in the summer of 1993. I've also been to the old fort a couple of times.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteadyVibe View Post
I love St. Augustine! It has a European or Latin American feel to it. The little shops, especially in the historic quarter, are fun to go to, as are many of the attractions.

I've been to Ripley's before, last time I went there when I was 10 (almost 11) in the summer of 1993. I've also been to the old fort a couple of times.
I love that fort!

Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 PM

12 posts, read 35,278 times
Default St. Augustine living

If someone was thinking of relocating to the area this summer would it be a good area to settle? I am ok with commuting to work and it looks like Jacksonville wouldnt be a bad drive. Do they have jobs in the medical field (medical assistant)?
I have a 12 yr old daughter and hubby who is being forced to retire we own an RV and thought why not try another part of the country. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:02 PM

4 posts, read 9,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryDude View Post
I only got to spend a few hours there but my wife and I were duly impressed-what a beautiful town! We walked around a bit and visited the old fort and the Ripley's Museum (at my youngest sons insistence).
It impressed us as having all the charm of Key West without the tackiness, and we are planning a return trip as soon as we can.
St. Augustine had the same effect on me, CoventryDude. It was 30 years ago, and I'm still living here in St. Augustine. Ripley's is fun. Of all the attractions, I think I like the Alligator Farm the best. If you click my member name, you can visit my site and find out more about my opinion of St. Augustine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville