Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:54 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,222,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfix_ithandymanservice View Post
This is a bad idea since you can be heavily fined and put in jail from doing this type of thing, Since your wonderful "Save The St. Johns River foundation" was developed any dumping of waste in storm drains is now against Florida law. The Enviromental Proctection Act would like to catch you at any given moment and harrase you with greif. The State EPA and the citys Enviromenal department now knows who is doing the dumping in our river thanks to your response. We did the same type of thing basically unknowingly. After doing a painting project from one of our customers we cleaned our paint brushes out in of our lawn one day and someone called in a compalint to the city's enviromental department and an inspector came to us, and stated no contaminating the enviroment since latex paint has glycol in it, thus the gycol is the same type of mixture that you put in your vehicles radiator as antifreeze. The only place to dispose of latex paint by cleaning methods is down the sink. Since the waste that goes down the drain and is classified as waste water the nasty waste water is collected and processed at a collection facility and is enviromentally diluted, and clorinated before the waste water reaches the river and our Atlantic ocean locally.
What was an even worse idea was you giving up your sense of humor long ago. It's not my fault you picked painting aka drinking as a career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 10:58 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,527,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax32256 View Post
We need to dump quite a bit of old paint. Sherwin Williams said to let it dry out & then you can throw it away. I don't have time for that. Does anyone know where I can drop it off in Jacksonville? Thanks!

Natalie
Where to dump a bit of old paint in Jacksonville? Across the the state line in Georgia!

Old 08-09-2013, 05:02 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,408,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssclulow View Post
If you are a St. Johns County resident, paint and anything else you want to rid yourself of, can be taken to the dump out near Elkton. After paint is collected there, like-types of paint are all poured together and given to people who need paint and don't mind the funky color. Several times a year hazardous waste days are held in various locations throughout the county and paint and other items can be taken there as well. The dump is open weekdays and on Saturday mornings.
There's also a site in SJC on US1 a little south of Nocatee (we were there last week). PVB has local collections about 2/3 times a year.

Note that only county residents can use sites in particular counties. Robyn

Old 09-11-2014, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 695 times
Hello... I could use the paint myself...if your trying to get rid of it I could take it off your hands right now just email me
[email]tatianaharris19@gmail.com[/email]
Thanks God Bless

Old 09-11-2014, 10:55 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,771,585 times
Easiest way to dispose of latex paint is just to let the water dry out in the can..then throw the can away. For mineral spirits/acetone/naptha/tolulene/MEK based paints, they need to be disposed by taking them to the proper waste management collection agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville