Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 06:43 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,985,603 times

Advertisements

Something new and different happening at The Landing ... Yappy Hour (well, three hours actually) every third Sunday (had the first one last Sunday) at The Landing.

Here's the link ...
Yappy hour at the Jacksonville Landing - The Jacksonville Small Breed Dogs Meetup Group (Jacksonville, FL) - Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/The-Jacksonville-Small-Breed-Dogs-Meetup-Group/calendar/9819418/ - broken link)

The next Yappy Hour is (I think) on Sunday, April 19th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 09:01 PM

5 posts, read 23,835 times
Just what the landing needs, something to make it MORE dirty. the landing is filthy. the only time i take my kids there is to see the xmas tree and the homeless people make that a difficult task.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,229 times
I'm sure the Landing mgt will have it clean enough for your once a year visit there. In the mean time, glad Jax is more dog friendly than many places -- and by and large, responsible owners who attend this event clean up after themselves and their dogs.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:22 PM

150 posts, read 577,108 times
Harlequin Dane, did you go to the Yappy Hour? The link says it is a small dog meetup group. I am assuming you are a Dane owner- so am I. I'm just wondering if there were other Danes/large breeds there.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheaded1der View Post
I'm just wondering if there were other Danes/large breeds there.
Oh my goodness yes there were many Danes and other large dogs -- as well as little Papillons and Bichons and Silkies amd every breed and mix inbetween. A great, great event!!

And by the way, the only kind of "mess" we saw were drips of water around the water dishes provided for the dogs under the tents.

Lots of dogs and owners AND lots of families without dogs.

Old 07-03-2009, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,028 times
This is meet up for dogs of all sizes not just small breed dogs. I organize the small breed, active dog and Dane meet up groups. and the meet up is schedule on each board.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:16 PM

4 posts, read 14,529 times
Default Doggie meetup sounds great...are the beaches dog friendly in Jax and St. Augustine..

Since you organize doggie meetups you might know the answers we need. We are coming to Jax in August and will be bringing our dog. We want to take her to the beach and want to find a pet friendly affordable rental for the week. Are the private beaches dog friendly ? I've found a few places but they don't mention the dog rules for the specific beaches. Thanks.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:26 AM

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no private beaches I don't think -- they're either city-owned or state owned. I'm not certain if any beach in front of a private home or rental is considered a private beach - that makes for an interesting question: what are the rules for the lengths of sand inbetween the main beaches?

Dogs are allowed on St. Augustine Beach, Jacksonville Beach, and Neptune Beach before 9am and after 5pm, and at anytime on Atlantic Beach. Dogs are welcome in state parks, but not on state park beaches such as Anastasia (next to St. Augustine).

As for rentals that allow dogs, some do and some don't. Those that you've found that do allow dogs, perhaps you could contact the landlord/owner/rental agent and inquire about beach rules for dogs.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:44 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
I'm new to Jax and have to say It's clear the city is doing it's best to encourage people to "go downtown". This is a great idea. Nothing like dogs to bring out the friendliness in people. Well, dog people anyway. Some people just don't like animals. I live in the Strand and there are tons of dogs here. Large and small. Almost all of the dogs are dog friendly and the people are nice, too. You can't even tell there are any dogs living here. None of them has accidents anywhere. And you see all the small dog owners carrying several of them down the elevator outside to prevent any accidents especially in the morning.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM

31 posts, read 130,778 times
Hey responsible dog owners -please move along--
Irresponsible dog owners who ignore their dog so it yaps all dang day/night -this is for you.......
Find a new home for your dog-you suck..........
We now return you to your regularly scheduled conversation.
That is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville