Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 AM

3 posts, read 5,864 times

Advertisements

As in any financial institution, no matter what they claim, its really all about the bottom line. You have to be on top of your game to trust any financial institution today. I have two experiences to share and then you make your decision if Florida Telco is where you want to put your hard earned dollars.

April 2009, I made a deposit in the amount of 1500. from a trust account. I was told the money would be put on hold for 5 business days because it was an out of town account. This was on a Friday. With that information I scheduled my online bill pays for the next Friday. I work in finance and know for a fact the longest it takes to move money is 48 hours. Much to my surprise FTCU paid all of my transactions but charged me $35 per transaction because the hold had not expired. After several hours of near panic heart attack mode they agreed to refund the fees. However, if they had refused it would have been very easy for me to expose them as already having access and using my money but keeping me locked out. I didn't have to pull out that secret weapon. However, we aren't finished yet.

June 2009, I realized my payroll check wasn't going to be available as early in the day as I anticipated. I went out to my bill pay and realized my online bill pay could not be altered because they were all noted as "processing." I immediately contacted FTCU and with their casual,smug GOTTCHA attitude, told me there was nothing they could do to assist me but to cross my fingers and hope nothing happened. I immediately left my office like a rabid dog to make a mad dash down the street to the nearest branch location. I was on hold for 10 minutes with FTCU trying to confirm the actual location on Touchton road since it was quickly approaching 5:00. As Murphy's Law would have it, as I was about to be transferred to a representitive I was disconnected. I quickly redialed the number and got an operator. It was now 5:00 p.m., and I was at the bank watching the employees leave as the office was closing. I still had the FTCU rep on the line and she apologized and offered me best wishes as I made my deposit at 5:04 in the night deposit. Of course the next morning FTCU deducted all of my online bill pays and $205 in fees and then credited my payroll deposit. This was all posted on the same day within minutes apart. Davis Johnson, the Grand Wizard hiding behind the curtain was quoted as "we are tired of our member acting in such an irresponsible manner" and refused to give my hard earned money back to me. He recalled the April incident as an excuse not to refund my money. What have I done wrong here?

FTCU is like a reptile wanting for the feeding hour to come in and swoop your hard earned dollars away from you regardless of your situation. How dare they pad their pockets and steal from their members. How dare Davis Johnson be allow to act as God to determine if they will refund MY MONEY.

Perhaps all financial institutions should be ran by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. They're all a bunch of crooks. Your better off keeping your money under your mattress. Unless you can't afford that 50 cent dividend you earn throughout the course of a year.

If you're willing to play the GOTTCHA game without having all the rules in advance because they vary by situation and member, have at it. Let me know how it develops.

How do you look yourself in the mirror every morning Davis Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by tlongfl; 06-07-2009 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: spelling corrections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 PM

77 posts, read 233,624 times
Default Old Timey - Safer than a mattress? Maybe.

We bought a car at Acura OP 4 years ago. Acura finance people lead us to FLTelco. Wherein we discovered they didn't offer electronic pmt. - they do now, as of 3 years ago. Very slow to automate or modernize.
Also, they have a clunky website for bill pmt. Could not set up without operator assistance. Their web designer is an idiot - I could not figure out what I was supposed to click on. The graphics are inexplicable.
Next, was shopping for a credit card and applied for a FLTelco VISA. After jumping thru flaming hoops - sitting down with a person, getting my husband's permission (since he's primary on the account) - Yes, we have a good FICA score. Within a year we received a VERY brief letter explaining that a now ex-employee had compromised their cc data base and our account was affected. I canceled the card and received NO response from them - not even a fake apology.

It's just kind of cave man. I don't get the credit union thing. Looking forward to paying off the Acura. I will pay much closer attention next time the dealer recommends financing. I just assumed it was a company operating in the current century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville