Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricko View Post
I did actually pet the cat and she was longing for attention. I washed my hands with bleach afterwards several times. The cat is seems very familiar with people and is not agressive in any way. I think I could catch it but I will take your advice and try to contact someone who can help me with a trap. I have an appt. with my vet on Saturday to take my cat in for her routine shots so I will ask them when I go. Maybe someone that works there will help me.

Thanks so much for your concern.

If you can pet the cat, just scoop her up. Have a carrier ready and put her in there, use food/tuna if you need to coax her or keep her calm. It really sounds like she's a former pet, so she probably won't give you a hard time. If she's not afraid of gloves, you can wear a pair of work gloves while you scoop her up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 08:08 AM

5 posts, read 18,850 times
Thank you all. Yesterday morning I contacted a lady who helps trap inured/sick cats to get medical treatment for them. She lives very close to me and offered to bring the trap as soon as the cat comes back. It has not returned as of now but she is on standby when it does. I have made arrangements with my vet to assess the cat's medical condition and they are will also help offset the cost of medical treatment. I'm hoping that the cat will return so we can catch it and if the cat can be treated, I would like to keep it. At this point, I'm hoping that it returns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville