Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,246 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what is a customary amount to pay for 3x weekly housecleaning for a 7,000 sq ft home in Ponte Vedra?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 AM

530 posts, read 1,351,154 times
7,000 sq feet? When did steve jobs join the forum ?

Old 03-08-2011, 05:17 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,483,492 times
I have a 2 person housecleaning crew and a 2800 sf house. 4 bedrooms - 3 baths. No kids - no pets And we're pretty organized clean older adults.. Once a week cleaning that takes about 60-90 minutes. $85. Three times a week in a house that's almost 3 times as big - reckon $700-800/week or more if you have kids/pets. Unless you're hiring illegals - or people working for a service that isn't paying workers' comp and the like (which is common here and which I definitely would not recommend - it's illegal - and there are some working poor in Florida who sometimes resent this illegal situation - and will wind up injured on your slippery marble floor and suing you - in which case - you'll have a lot of headaches - most not covered by insurance).

If you're using people who aren't incorporated - you'll be liable for FICA (at least the employers' share - although I usually paid both ends when my housekeepers weren't incorporated) - state and federal unemployment taxes too. So I'd call it more or less $1k or so.

If you want laundry - that will usually be extra.

If you have a 7000 sf house - do you have a MIL quarters or the like (somewhat common here these days in larger houses). You might be able to exchange some food/board for services. Might be a good deal for you and some older people who need a place to live and some money. One of my housekeepers is in her late 50's - the other is about 70. For room and board - you might be able to get an older couple that could help you a lot. Or perhaps a younger couple (I know some people here who have hired younger couples to live on premises and do various household things - especially when the owners are out of town).

FWIW - my current housekeepers used to work at a place we called Blenheim on Harbour View Drive in Marsh Landing. It was about a 9000 sf 2 story house. Once a week. Only 2 adult residents who worked full time and lived in about 1/3 of the house. Don't know how much they charged. Robyn

Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM

FWIW - I figure you have to be somewhat - shall I say - naive (that's being charitable) - to be talking about a 7k sf foot house - and not have a clue what it costs to run it. Kind of like going to Paris and expecting to eat dinner at a 3 star Michelin restaurant for $100. Anyway - I am in a charitable mood these days . Robyn

Old 03-08-2011, 06:25 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
I have a 2 person housecleaning crew and a 2800 sf house. 4 bedrooms - 3 baths. No kids - no pets And we're pretty organized clean older adults.. Once a week cleaning that takes about 60-90 minutes. $85. Three times a week in a house that's almost 3 times as big - reckon $700-800/week or more if you have kids/pets. Unless you're hiring illegals - or people working for a service that isn't paying workers' comp and the like (which is common here and which I definitely would not recommend - it's illegal - and there are some working poor in Florida who sometimes resent this illegal situation - and will wind up injured on your slippery marble floor and suing you - in which case - you'll have a lot of headaches - most not covered by insurance).

If you're using people who aren't incorporated - you'll be liable for FICA (at least the employers' share - although I usually paid both ends when my housekeepers weren't incorporated) - state and federal unemployment taxes too. So I'd call it more or less $1k or so.

If you want laundry - that will usually be extra.

If you have a 7000 sf house - do you have a MIL quarters or the like (somewhat common here these days in larger houses). You might be able to exchange some food/board for services. Might be a good deal for you and some older people who need a place to live and some money. One of my housekeepers is in her late 50's - the other is about 70. For room and board - you might be able to get an older couple that could help you a lot. Or perhaps a younger couple (I know some people here who have hired younger couples to live on premises and do various household things - especially when the owners are out of town).

FWIW - my current housekeepers used to work at a place we called Blenheim on Harbour View Drive in Marsh Landing. It was about a 9000 sf 2 story house. Once a week. Only 2 adult residents who worked full time and lived in about 1/3 of the house. Don't know how much they charged. Robyn
I was liking what I heard untill you took out the "If their not paying ...... you'll breaking the law" fear card. Moderator cut: language removed . Working should never be illegal. For anyone. The government is squeeling for money and using employment law to take it. Screw them too. Keep the money YOU work for.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-08-2011 at 06:44 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Don't know what your problem is. But someone who's looking for help 3x a week living in a 7000 sf house isn't exactly a charity case. And is in no way entitled to a free pass in terms of things like FICA and workers' comp and the like IMO. Robyn

Old 03-08-2011, 08:17 PM

P.S. Messages like this (your reply in bold) won't get you a whole lot of credibility here:

Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker
So now it's "traditonal" to want a man? I thought it was biology.

ONLY women feel the need to make such a point all the time that they're alot more happy while being single... I have never seen a man say he would never like to have a woman. But I've seen more than plenty of women say they never want a man. Femenist or not.

Tell her what she wants to hear then pokerpokerpoker.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,415 times
Default Jessie's House & Carpet Cleaning 1.877.CLEANING $37.50 Per Hour Per Cleaning Consultant

Jessie's House & Carpet Cleaning 1.877.CLEANING BBB ACCREDITED A+ RATED

UPSCALE TOTAL HOME CARE

We offer a variety of home maintenance services (each crew specializes in one area only).

Our house cleaning rate is $37.50 Per Hour Per Cleaning Consultant ($99 Minimum)
Our carpet cleaning rate is based on square footage ($99 Minimum)

Jessie's House & Carpet Cleaning 1.877.CLEANING
Upscale Total Home Care

E-mail: Info@JessiesHouseCleaning.com
Call/Text 24/7: 904.716.0112
Visit: www.JessiesHouseCleaning.com

Why Jessie's?:
• Better Business Bureau Accredited A+ Rated Business
• Totally Mobile/Online Company (Book, Pay, & e-Invoice All Online) (But we also accept traditional transactions methods (e.g. Call to make an appointment, Cash & Checks payment methods)
• Straight Forward Pricing, No Bait and Switch
• Sophisticated BOOK ONLINE SOFTWARE (with email and text confirmation)
• Over 12 Years of Residential Cleaning Experience
• Locally/Woman Owned & Family Operated Small Business
• House & Carpet Cleaning Combo Promotions Available
• Open 7 Days a Week From 7am To 7pm (Some restrictions may apply)
• Same Day Service (Some restrictions may apply)
• Scheduled Automatic Billing Availability
• Communicate via Email, Call, Text, (Video chat to see a video of your place if you cannot be home after we are done)
• Text Us Any Time, 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week (24/7)
• 24-Hour Customer Satisfaction Guarantee (If you're not totally satisfied, contact us within 24 hours at 904.716.0112 (after our cleaning) and we will return and take care of the area in question)
• We Use the Best Name Brand Cleaning Supplies and Equipment in the Industry
• e-Invoice Availability
• Active Military & Senior Citizen 10% Discount
• A One Stop Shop, Many Services Available (Home Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Painting, Lawn, etc.)
• House Cleaning & Carpet Cleaning Services Gift Certificates Available
• Free Estimates
• Convenient Scheduling (We try to meet your scheduling demands)
Our cleaning specializations include:
• Home
• Carpet
• Upholstery
• Tile
• Landscaping
• Moving
• Move-outs
• Painting

We are a locally owned and operated small business that started in 2000.

E-mail: Info@JessiesHouseCleaning.com
Call/Text 24/7: 904.716.0112
Visit: Jacksonville FL House & Carpet Cleaning Services | Maid Services | Carpet Cleaning Services Ponte Vedra Beach | Jacksonville, Florida | Jessie's House & Carpet Cleaning 1.877.CLEANING | Carpet Cleaning Services Jacksonville Florida | Upholstery Clean

BBB Accredited A+ Rated

Old 04-21-2013, 08:04 PM

29 posts, read 56,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Don't know what your problem is. But someone who's looking for help 3x a week living in a 7000 sf house isn't exactly a charity case. And is in no way entitled to a free pass in terms of things like FICA and workers' comp and the like IMO. Robyn
If the person who is cleaning has a personal corp, then those things dont have to be paid. Sounds like someone's jealous that she'll never have anything close to the house that the OP has.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus921v View Post
If the person who is cleaning has a personal corp, then those things dont have to be paid. Sounds like someone's jealous that she'll never have anything close to the house that the OP has.
That is correct. If the owner of the cleaning service is incorporated - the homeowner employer doesn't have to deal with payroll taxes. But he/she has to be careful that the owner of the cleaning service is paying payroll taxes (many here claim that their employees are "independent contractors" and don't pay).

And how do you know the OP has that house (or any house for that matter)? After one message - he/she disappeared from CD. And I'm still here. Same house (plenty of house for 2 retired people - even if it is the second smallest house in the neighborhood )

Note that my husband and I built this house for ourselves 16 years ago. It's an "empty nester" house - and it's perfect for us. Other people in our neighborhood wind up selling their "houses on steroids" when they get to be our age (mid-60's). The houses are too much for them to take care of - and they can't afford to hire help (I'm surprised how many people in my area have 6 bathrooms and wind up cleaning them themselves!). Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville