Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 08:22 AM

72 posts, read 462,457 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to take photos of my kids in a field of wildflowers & I was just wondering where I might find one in the Jacksonville area. Thank you!

Natalie

ETA: I've seen them in the medians along the road & that is not an option with small children! :-O
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,714,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax32256 View Post
I'm looking to take photos of my kids in a field of wildflowers & I was just wondering where I might find one in the Jacksonville area. Thank you!

Natalie

ETA: I've seen them in the medians along the road & that is not an option with small children! :-O
That's a toughie! The only place where I see wildflowers is at the side of the road and I know you wouldn't want your kids to get run over getting there. The only suggestion that I can come up with, if this is a real obsession, is to photoshop a digital image of your kids in a field. But then you have to be sophisticated with digital imaging. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 PM

I know one exists someplace because my old photographer sent an e-mail offering a mini photography session at this field. She messed up our order several times & we washed our hands of her, so I don't really want to put my tail between my legs & ask her where the field is located.

I can do photoshop, but it would look pretty fake with my abilities. Plus, I want to try out my new D60!

This is the field she took the shots in
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/BargainMomforLuke/wildflower.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-05-2009, 01:40 PM

414 posts, read 1,855,593 times
I bet if you called the Garden Club of Jacksonville, they might have some ideas. (904) 355-4224 or info@gardenclubofjacksonville.org . Just a suggestion!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:00 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,126,577 times
LOL- when I saw your post I thought of the wildflowers in the median of 9A near Baymeadows. They were much nicer a few months ago, but still are beautiful. Karla with a K lives near there and I think of her every time I drive by.

You can order wildflower seeds from seedland.com. I got a pound of them when I lived in another town and they did great. Maybe get some and plan ahead for next year.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
LOL- when I saw your post I thought of the wildflowers in the median of 9A near Baymeadows. They were much nicer a few months ago, but still are beautiful. Karla with a K lives near there and I think of her every time I drive by.
That's where I live, too! I loved those wildflowers & the flowers in the median by Deercreek, too. I even thought, heck, I'll get the kids up at 7 a.m. on a Sunday & go for it & who would run us over? But I just cannot bring myself to do that! Someone would call the police saying there's a crazy woman in the middle of the median taking pictures of a 1 year-old & 3 year-old. Not worth getting arrested for!

I'll call the Garden Club & see if someone has a location.

Maybe I'll plant some in my backyard for next year.

Thanks!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,007,484 times
Well I hope y'all wave as you drive by !!!

Another place you might want to check out is the
Mandarin Garden Club
(904) 268-1192
they have some really nice gardens

You can also call the Duval County Extension office (904) 387-8850
One of the Master Gardeners there may know of a wildflower field

Old 05-06-2009, 03:31 PM

310 posts, read 864,812 times
While not a field of wildflowers, we have taken some amazing pictures in the gardens at the Cummer museum.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 12,270 times
Default Where the flower field is

Hey everyone! The flower field is in Hampton, FL between Jacksonville and Gainesville. It's here: Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

It's actually in someones yard but they are used to people coming up to take pictures. Before you schedule a photo shoot out there make sure you go by to make sure you find it ok and that the flowers are all in

I use to live in Hampton. I've been looking for a closer flower field to Jacksonville and the closest field is the one in Hampton.

I hope I helped!

Last edited by Yac; 04-23-2013 at 07:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville