Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:13 AM

604 posts, read 4,621,797 times

Advertisements

As a former boca resident for 16 years, the fleming island area of orange park will give you the same amenities without the people. That area is newer with all the things you would need. Probably wouldn't have to leave for much (beach, sporting events) the only problem would be traffic commuting to JAX at rush hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Know what you mean in your last sentence here! We didn't go to the beach much when we lived in So Calif/5 miles from beach, but after living in Denver, CO metro and Charlotte, NC metro, we found out just how much we did miss the beach after moving here to Jax-south and going down to the beach a few times......lots of people, but still very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb3690 View Post
there are homes in oakleaf for 170,000ish. We just bought one......it's not the biggest home, but it is a good starter for us. There are alot of short sales in the neighborhood if you are interested in going that route.......we weren't, but they are there.

good luck with your choice OP.

I realllllllllyyyyy wanted to live closer to the beach, but my husband didn't. I'm happy with where we are moving.....I'm just glad we aren't stuck in the middle of the U.S. No offense to those who like it, I grew up in Iowa, Nebraska and Michigan, but I want to always be closer to the beach......

Old 06-12-2009, 08:03 AM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
i think i'd shoot myself if a walmart opened up near my house.
But think of the convenience to purchase said gun at walmart You just have to make a second trip to buy the bullets though. Store policy

Old 06-12-2009, 08:03 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamcim72 View Post
As a former boca resident for 16 years, the fleming island area of orange park will give you the same amenities without the people. That area is newer with all the things you would need. Probably wouldn't have to leave for much (beach, sporting events) the only problem would be traffic commuting to JAX at rush hour.
I've been to Boca numerous times, and I'd agree with your assessment of amenities. My experience has been that the folks in Fleming Island are WAY nicer than the folks in Boca that I had the misfortune of dealing with.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:24 AM

6 posts, read 11,306 times
My wife and I are planning to come down and check out the Jax. area for 4 days or so to get a "good feel" for the area. I thank all of the great posts and info that all of you are posting for me. I am looking foward to comming down. I still have 1-2 friends that live in Boca Raton but I do not miss living there or the "type" that do. I am much more laid back type of person for that atmosphere. Thank you again, Brandon

Last edited by lazyinvt; 06-12-2009 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: wording
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville