U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 06:57 PM

33 posts, read 235,621 times

Advertisements

Not home depot or lowes. They don't have the air filter I'm looking for. I'm specifically looking for the Honeywell Pop Up RP2200. If anyone knows of a store that sells hard to find air filters and other air conditioning parts, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 09:23 PM

392 posts, read 1,348,621 times
You might try calling around some of the bigger HVAC companies. You can purchase things like air filters at their main offices.

If you can't find that filter locally, you might try filtersusa.com. I have an uncommon filter for my AC and that is where I get it.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:13 PM

33 posts, read 235,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreecity View Post
You might try calling around some of the bigger HVAC companies. You can purchase things like air filters at their main offices.

If you can't find that filter locally, you might try filtersusa.com. I have an uncommon filter for my AC and that is where I get it.
I'm trying to get it local because our AC is on the fritz right now. Our temperature just isn't going down, and the AC isn't as cold as it normally is. I'm pretty sure it's the filter, which is digustingly dirty and hasn't been changed in a long while. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:35 AM

17,835 posts, read 30,515,385 times
Many of the local A/C companies have coupons in the Mint magazine for a summer tune up for less than $60 they check your system and even check the freon. Some of them even include a certain amount of freon if yours is low which may be what is causing it not to be as cold. If when you call them for the "tune up" you can ask if they have or can get the special filter.

Until you can get the new filter you might try using the brush attachment on your vacuum to remove some of the build up

I have had great success with Ideal Conditions not only have they fixed issues my neighbors have had with their systems, but they replaced our complete system a couple months ago.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:51 AM

9,362 posts, read 23,269,829 times
I would caution anyone about using the coupons from Mint. My mother just used one from a company that advertises heavily in that and other publicatios and was ripped off. They have not returned numerous calls and she is disputing the charges.

She called for the tune up. They found a problem and charged her $300 for two capacitors that should have been $75 at best (plus over $100 in labor after the coupon) and they didn't fix the problem. Turns out that there are numerous complaints about this company.

I know a very good company, which she has since used. She didn't use them first BC she had a coupon.......

Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 AM

17,835 posts, read 30,515,385 times
Yes you can find a few companies that do not practice the best customer service
It can be compared the same way when you take your car to one of those quickie oil change places, how many times do they "recommend" other services
If they are saying you need an expensive repair you can do some simple research and even get a 2nd opinion.

However there are some good ones, the A/C company we have used for 2 years and used them to replace our complete system earlier this year runs an ad in the money pages
They also were very willing to supply references.

You can asks friends and neighbors who they use and always ask if they have a coupon or special, some companies will also match other coupons

Old 08-30-2010, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,866 times
is there any one in jacksonville florida that buys use air conditioners i have an american standard that the air handler works but the trane heat pump coils are burn out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville