U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:36 PM

51 posts, read 97,310 times

Advertisements

Are there any good banks in Jacksonville? I opened an account at Regions because they're the one with the closest branch to me, but I started having problems with them immediately. I'm particularly amazed that you can't make deposits at their ATMs. They said I could get envelopes and deposit slips and make deposits at the night drop, but they were closed by the time I got there at 4-something PM, so no envelopes, deposit slips, or deposit yet (I have bills to pay!). There have also been at least two technical problems and one policy problem (debit cards are only valid in the US by default... apparently their customers never leave the country or pay for things online).

City-Data.com has a list of the biggest local branch networks (//www.city-data.com/city/Jackso...Florida.html):
- Wachovia Bank (Wells Fargo): 40 branches
- Bank of America: 23 branches
- SunTrust Bank: 22 branches
- Regions Bank: 18 branches
- Compass Bank: 14 branches
- Branch Banking and Trust Company: 8 branches
- First Guaranty Bank and Trust Company of Jacksonville: 8 branches

I thought I'd try one of the majors. The two closest Wachovia (above average customer satisfaction according to ACSI) ATMs to me are at Gate stations, and I checked one out: it didn't accept deposits either (is that a Florida thing?). Bank of America has two within 10 minutes of me that do accept deposits, according to their web site, and SunTrust has one at a nearby CVS, so maybe I'll check them out. All I need is free checking, a debit card, decent online functionality, and an ATM near me (and freedom from the problems I've had with Regions). I've never had these issues with a bank before, so I'm frustrated.

Last edited by Greg7; 06-22-2009 at 09:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 05:04 AM

3,530 posts, read 7,378,925 times
I've had Suntrust for 6 years and I've never had any issues. I have never made a deposit at an ATM though....

Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 AM

48 posts, read 190,907 times
I have used Vystar Credit Union for 10 years and I really like them. They have ATM's all over Jacksonville and I have never ran into one that didn't take deposits. I am not sure about functioning out of the country though, I have never tried that.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:11 AM

2,739 posts, read 4,872,549 times
I have Wachovia (shock since I'm in Charlotte) and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:11 AM

45 posts, read 141,116 times
I've also been a member of Vystar for years(including the two that I worked for Wachovia) and to my knowledge they have more ATM's in Northeast FL than anyone else. Most if not 100% of the ATM's take deposits with many giving you a copy of the check on the receipt.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 AM

2,452 posts, read 5,471,989 times
I've also been a member of Vystar CU for a long time, back the the Jax Navy FCU days. I've been very pleased with them.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 AM

919 posts, read 2,338,580 times
I have had Bank of America for years now and really like them... They have ATMs everywhere... I moved from MD to JAX and didn't have to change banks and I also can use their ATMs when I visit my brother in Maine... You can deposit checks at any time at any ATM... You don't even need an envelope, it digitally scans the check, so you can get a receipt that has an image of the check on it...

Old 06-23-2009, 11:26 AM

43 posts, read 124,925 times
I have wachovia and love it. I deposit into atms all the time. I am not sure on out the country but I would think it is ok. They have a great online banking tool also.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:28 PM

200 posts, read 557,769 times
Everyone here seems to utilize Credit Unions- Vystar being the best. They definitely have auto, loan, and CC rates in the bucket. Their accounts are free as well and they have been growing into the business banking market as well.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 PM

41 posts, read 122,685 times
Check out Florida Telco Credit union. Been with them for 20 years now, and have had the best service. Never looked around again after I found them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or