Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 PM

9 posts, read 32,294 times

Advertisements

HI,

I'm interested in expanding my culinary tastes and in particular
wild game seems to be the order of the day. And why not? it
good eatin? Anyone eat at this place. It's has everything on
the menu and quite frankly I would expect anything less
from Florida. But anyway, I would appreciate truthful responses.
or other suggestions? I am coming down during Halloween, perhaps
at Orlando. All responses are welcomed. See you soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 05:42 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,982,275 times
I can't comment too much on the menu - I stuck with plain steak when I went there - but I can highly recommend Clark's for the experience of the decor. It's a taxidermist's heaven.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 AM

725 posts, read 2,570,626 times
All of our out of town visitors request a return trip to Clark's. It's now a tradition. We stick with the fried shrimp, fried softshell crabs, or fried fish platters and always enjoy them. The guests always want the fried frog legs, fried shark, fried alligator tail, something weird. Somebody of course will say, tastes like chicken! I think its a nice place.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:41 AM

560 posts, read 2,076,081 times
The food at Clarks is okay. I've never had anything spectacular, but I've never had anything bad either.

That being said, Clarks is an absolute must visit in Jacksonville. Without exaggeration, they have a better taxidermycollection than most natural history museums. It's an experience.

You should go. Be prepared for long lines on weekends though.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:13 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryde41 View Post
All of our out of town visitors request a return trip to Clark's. It's now a tradition. We stick with the fried shrimp, fried softshell crabs, or fried fish platters and always enjoy them. The guests always want the fried frog legs, fried shark, fried alligator tail, something weird. Somebody of course will say, tastes like chicken! I think its a nice place.

That's because it does taste like chicken!!
If you like fried seafood, then you'll like Clarks Fish Camp.

Old 06-27-2009, 06:51 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 4520832257 View Post
The food at Clarks is okay. I've never had anything spectacular, but I've never had anything bad either.

That being said, Clarks is an absolute must visit in Jacksonville. Without exaggeration, they have a better taxidermycollection than most natural history museums. It's an experience.

You should go. Be prepared for long lines on weekends though.
Couldn't agree with you more. It's a must for visitors, but food-wise is a "C" at best.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:59 AM

78 posts, read 243,353 times
I went Friday night. The food was good, but I thought the portions were kind of small for the price. My shrimp and softshell crab platter was $17 I think, and there were about 8 shrimp and one crab.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:03 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 4520832257 View Post
That's exactly the reason I didn't care for Clarks - the stuffed crawlers and little quadripeds that hovered over my food while I was trying to stuff my own face. Maybe my stomach is a bit more squeamish than most. I think the taxidermy collection is a little overdone for an eatery and also tends to collect dust although the food was not bad.

And BTW for those who are daring there is snake on the menu, yes snake.

Last edited by cricketfan; 06-28-2009 at 12:48 PM..

Old 06-28-2009, 01:36 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,274,691 times
taxidermycollection

I never see anything about taxidermy without thinking of Norman Bates.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 06-28-2009, 02:12 PM

725 posts, read 2,570,626 times
Places that have been around for awhile, where the locals frequent is what makes it fun. They don't go just for the food. It has originality and the flavor, the fun is in the people and the stories told there, something most places lack. It's a fish camp not a bistro. Okay, you all are forbidden from eating in this lovely establishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville