Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 12:39 AM

4 posts, read 9,135 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I'll be moving to JAX late this Feburary and I'll be in the city this weekend... So I don't have much time to find a apt. I really need help...

I have never been to JAX and I did a little research online and find out JAX's crime rate is much higher than the place I live now (South Ohio). So safety is my main concern. Gated community is peferred. The budget is under $1200 and need to be under 40min commute to downtown(where I work is 32204). and what I'm looking for is 1 bedroom/1 bath.

Right now I'm looking at Coventry Park at Southpoint(very new, build in 2009), Village Walk Apartments near Deerwood and Pickwick Apartments near Pickwick park ,Circle at Bartram Park near St johns(a little far from work, but looks nice) and serveral other apts around southside blvd.

Anyone know anything about these apartments? Which area is the safest? Southpoint, Deerwood, or Pickwick? or any other place you would recommend?

Thank you very much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 04:36 AM

2 posts, read 8,744 times
Any apartments you are looking at around the Baymeadows, Deerwood, Southside, area are fairly nice, decent, and will have all the amenities you are looking for...but the area is highly condensed. and traffic is very heavy at rush hour. It is also the most expensive place you can live, short of the Beaches or Ponte Vedra. keep in mind electric rates are high in Jacksonville, so your budget my suffer from that. May I suggest a gated apartment community on the Northside? I've lived in the area about forty years, and pretty much in every neighborhood in Jax at one time or another. This community is close to an area called Oceanway. Not a lot of activity in the immediate area of the apartments. But that is a plus. There is not much crime in the area. It is very close to your work, about a 20 minute commute with easy access to I-95. It is not a really glitzy area like around the southside were your now looking, but living here will save you headaches, believe me!! Check it out! I really hope I helped u.

Eastport Apartments - Jacksonville Apartments For Rent | Jacksonville, FL | Floorplans

I will suggest Coventry Park @ Southpoint, over anything around Southside, and out of what you've found. It's less traffic being you are close to JTB and 9A.

Last edited by rdanlord; 02-07-2011 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: Adding

Old 02-07-2011, 11:54 PM

4 posts, read 9,135 times
rdanlord,

Thank you so much for your reply! I'll check the apt you recommend. and I have another question... Is St Johns much safer than southside area? tanfarming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville