Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:21 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,765 times

Advertisements

Yes, I said it sucks. We were doing an adult night out this past weekend to celebrate some good things which have happened. We decided to give The Landing (yet) another try. Ok, I know the fair was going on but that should have made it so more people would wind up there since so many were already down town. Guess I was wrong.

As usual, the place was a waste of time. Nobody in the restaurants or the bars (Fionn Macools-sp?-had exactly ONE person in the bar while a band played--yes, the band out numbered the patrons and this was common throughout). They had a band playing country music (ugh...) in the central area. About 100 (or so) people there but that's about it. Oh, this was Saturday at about 9pm.

I tried but I won't be going back there any time soon. It's such a shame really as it's a great location with a great view. I can't understand why they can't get their act together....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
lol everyone lives in St Johns County...Thats where the GOOOOOOD schools are at.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:04 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
lol everyone lives in St Johns County...Thats where the GOOOOOOD schools are at.
WTH does that have to do with anything? More people reside within 15 miles of the Jacksonville Landing than in all of St Johns County.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:21 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
WTH does that have to do with anything? More people reside within 15 miles of the Jacksonville Landing than in all of St Johns County.
Not from what we see around here. There are more threads about stupid St. John County then Jacksonville, so get just as annoying. Maybe those FSU guys can explain why the landing sucks, they seem to be the only one on here who ever post about Jacksonville the city proper. No one will go to the Landing like the OP said it sucks, Plus why do you care, I thought you were a westside man.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:36 AM

705 posts, read 1,575,185 times
I believe he lives in Riverside, which is very close to the landing.

I haven't been down there much since we moved to the Southside 2 years ago, but the whole downtown area was pretty much a ghost town when we lived over there. I guess it hasn't changed much.

On a possitive note, apparently they broke ground yesterday on 220 Riverside, the new condo project on Riverside Ave. and Forrest St. that will feature 294 units, 18,000 square feet of retail space and a community park.

Hallmark breaks ground on 220 Riverside - Jacksonville Business Journal

That should help the revitalization a bit. Sounds like a nice little project.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 AM

705 posts, read 1,575,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Plus why do you care, I thought you were a westside man.
I believe he lives in Riverside, which is very close to the landing.

I haven't been down there much since we moved to the Southside 2 years ago, but the whole downtown area was pretty much a ghost town when we lived over there. I guess it hasn't changed much.

On a possitive note, apparently they broke ground yesterday on 220 Riverside, the new condo project on Riverside Ave. and Forrest St. that will feature 294 units, 18,000 square feet of retail space and a community park.

Hallmark breaks ground on 220 Riverside - Jacksonville Business Journal

That should help the revitalization a bit. Sounds like a nice little project. I'm looking forward to seeing it completed!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
I like watching the football games with the homeless people on the big screen there.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:05 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,735,449 times
The Landing will do well if you have big name performances, not these obscure bands that no one ever heard about. People will flock to the Landing and pay Ticketmaster to see top notch performers like they did at the Amphitheater in St Aug to see Willie Nelson and more recently Joe Cocker. I am not saying this can be doable every night or every weekend but once in a while to give the Landing a bit more prestige than it has now.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
This was years ago, but I recall my stepmother wanting to show off The Landing and the only restaurant open was Hooters. I gently steered her away. She wanted to see the owls.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
I live in Avondale which is fairly close to the Landing, (maybe 4 miles or so) though not as close as Riverside. I go down to the Landing maybe once a week but at 6:30 AM to get photos of the sunrising behind the Main Street or Hart bridges. And maybe once every other month to eat, or see an act at Mavericks. But in general, overall I agree with Rick about the Landing being mostly empty on nights, when there is nothing going on down there. (like bands or special occasions) Go down there for the Boat parade or the Christmas Tree lighting, then it will be crowded. It's nothing like it used to be when it first opened up and people went there to shop and eat all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville