Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 01:10 PM

4 posts, read 10,210 times

Advertisements

HI!
I am originally from the Jacksonville/St. augustine area. ( I lived in Jacksonville from 1st grade until 10th grade, then moved to St. Johns county and finished out at SAHS).
I have only been back to the are for family visits since I left 12 years ago.
My husband and have been discussing a possible move back to Florida (we are in Raleigh, NC) in 18 months or so. My Grandparents live in Hastings, and none of the rest of my fam is there, so we would like to be near them as they get older and begin needing assistance.
I would probably choose to live in Jacksonville if we were moving there for any other reason, but we really need to be a little closer to the grandparents. Both my huysband and I prefer 'city life'.
I would like to find a nice, family neighborhood that has some amenities [read: pool, community center, maybe fitness center] available. I am guessing our price range will be in the mid 200's. My original thought was to look out near WGV, but I worry because there seem to be SO MANY houses for sale in that area. Are there any other areas that might be worthwhile to check out? I will be working near I-95/CR 207, but do not know where DH will work. We do not need a new house--but we would like something open and spacious. We are not in the market to do any major renovations, but painting, floor updating and minor kitchen/bath renos do not bother us.
I know it is a long way off, but we would like to decide on a few neighborhoods that may meet our criteria so we can drive them when we come for vacation, along with doing all the necessary research on schools, etc.
As a teenager, I always wanted to live downtown, but I don't think I can get into anything in our price range
Any recommendations???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 06:03 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,986,983 times
I think just about everywhere you look you'll find a lot of houses for sale. That's just the way things are right now. Perhaps look at the Julington Creek area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville