U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 06:08 AM

114 posts, read 293,275 times

Advertisements

I am seeking advice once again. We are having the carpet removed from our great room today and I need to buy an area rug. I did a quick search on local stores that sell rugs and found a number of them. Does anyone have any experience with any of the local businesses? You know....this store is great or don't go there!
Any recommendations would be great.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 07:20 AM

238 posts, read 816,086 times
I have found great deals and good quality buying through Rugs Direct (online), and the hugest selection is on Macy's website. I shopped several rug stores locally, but either they couldn't match the prices or didn't have a big selection. That's my $0.02!

Old 07-11-2009, 07:48 AM

726 posts, read 2,360,577 times
I like this place : Jacksonville Rugs | Antique Rugs | Custom Rugs | Traditional Rugs | Transitional Rugs | Contemporary Rugs | Oriental Rugs

Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 AM

Thanks guys....I'll check these both out...

Old 09-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Fan

65 posts, read 191,995 times
I'd suggest you check this one: Modern Style Rugs in Toronto & New Jersey | MondArt - carpet and rug warehouse
The reason is simple: stores don't always have the best solution plus the variety they offer is not as vast as the one that offers the internet.
Spend some money to get some good stuff that will last, always a worth the trouble and the internet is the place I fund most of my furniture, appliances etc. We are on the 21st century after all, right?
Good luck

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 09-03-2009, 05:38 PM

2,455 posts, read 5,496,689 times
We bought a rug from the place next to Target at St Johns Town Center. (I believe it's called Rug Decor.) They let us bring a few different rugs home before buying, too. That helped in our decision to purchase what we did. Ya just have to leave a deposit. They were very friendly and not pushy at all.

Old 09-04-2009, 07:55 AM

I actually ended up buying the rug online and I feel like I got a great deal and it is beautiful. It is always a risk ordering big items on line because if it doesn't "work" the return shipping can be expensive. Luckily however, the rug we picked looks fantastic. That being said.....I want to support local stores but sometimes the online deals are just too good to pass up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville