U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2009, 05:42 PM

24 posts, read 119,839 times

Advertisements

I am researching wedding reception locations and could use some help! My fiance and I are expecting between 75-100 people at our reception. Our budget is $5000 (but obviously if we can find a place with what we want for much less that would be great). We would prefer something close to the church where we're getting married, which is near the Avenues Mall, but we're willing to expand out a bit in our search.

So far, the places I've looked into are Embassy Suites and Holiday Inn. They were both about the same price. The good things about places like these are that they have the tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, dance floor, cake cutting service, rooms to reserve for guests, clean-up, etc. The bad thing is they are right at the top of our budget.

I haven't ruled places like these out, but what else can you all recommend? Cheap is good! And being able to serve alcohol is a must (that's a big reason why we aren't doing it at the church).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 06:41 PM

4 posts, read 10,676 times
Okay, my husband and I got married at Jacksonville beach, but we didn't go alcohol. What about getting married at Crescent Beach in St. Augustine and having your reception at Outback Crab Shack? Its a great place and they serve food and alcohol.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:40 PM

150 posts, read 528,595 times
I got married at the Winterbourne Inn in in Orange Park (reception too) in June. Prices are reasonable, they include all of the things you mention (tables, linens, cake cutting, etc.), the lady who coordinates is up on her game, and the BEST part is that you can bring your own alchohol. We bought our beer, wine, and liquor at Total WIne and I really think we saved a lot doing it that way. Good luck!

P.S. If you want any info on any of the other vendors I used, let me know! My wedding is still very fresh

Old 07-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheaded1der View Post
I got married at the Winterbourne Inn in in Orange Park (reception too) in June. Prices are reasonable, they include all of the things you mention (tables, linens, cake cutting, etc.), the lady who coordinates is up on her game, and the BEST part is that you can bring your own alchohol. We bought our beer, wine, and liquor at Total WIne and I really think we saved a lot doing it that way. Good luck!

P.S. If you want any info on any of the other vendors I used, let me know! My wedding is still very fresh

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check that place out! I am open to and appreciate any info. anyone wants to give me right now so if you want to share the other venders you used that would be great You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting the info.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvittitoe View Post
Okay, my husband and I got married at Jacksonville beach, but we didn't go alcohol. What about getting married at Crescent Beach in St. Augustine and having your reception at Outback Crab Shack? Its a great place and they serve food and alcohol.
Thanks for the info This is going to probably be amusing to some people but my fiance is an ichthoyophobic -- meaning he is absolutely freaked out by fish So we are trying to avoid places with fish (dead or alive), LOL.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:51 AM

17,835 posts, read 30,520,217 times
Melissa
I would call the Ramada Inn Mandarin at 295 & San Jose
I spoke to them when we were looking for a place to hold one of our fundraisers
They had some nice buffet choices for what I thought was a good price for around $25 a person You can choose (2) salads (2) entrees (2) accompaniments for your $25.00 buffet inclusive of tax & gratuity. This includes complete setup with white table length linens and hurricane candle centerpieces.
I am not sure how much it would be to add alcohol
I will DM you the contact info for the woman I spoke

Old 07-12-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Melissa
I would call the Ramada Inn Mandarin at 295 & San Jose
I spoke to them when we were looking for a place to hold one of our fundraisers
They had some nice buffet choices for what I thought was a good price for around $25 a person You can choose (2) salads (2) entrees (2) accompaniments for your $25.00 buffet inclusive of tax & gratuity. This includes complete setup with white table length linens and hurricane candle centerpieces.
I am not sure how much it would be to add alcohol
I will DM you the contact info for the woman I spoke
Thank you so much!

Old 07-13-2009, 07:14 PM

8 posts, read 30,811 times
This may not be close enough to your Church, but I've seen some beautiful receptions at the Prime Osborn Convention Center and even the Times Unions Center along the river. If you've never been there, it's worth looking up on line to see their Virtual Tour of some of their rooms. They provide everything you could need, including a bar. And there are some affordable Hotels in the vicinity. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville