U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 05:53 PM

24 posts, read 119,839 times

Advertisements

I am in search of a wedding photographer. Right now the photographers I've looked into are a bit too expensive. Can anyone recommend photographers (preferably with approximate prices)? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 02:44 AM

6,999 posts, read 7,640,017 times
http://www.thinhlephotography.com/

he's not a professional (ie, it's not his day job) so he doesn't charge too much. if you like his pics then contact him for a quote.

congrats, btw!

Old 07-12-2009, 08:04 AM

Thank you! Wow he has some great work. I added him to my list of people to contact.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:59 PM

3,530 posts, read 7,401,005 times
We used Deremer Studios. Ther website is www.deremerstudios.com

I think thier wedding packages start at $600.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:38 PM

29 posts, read 164,637 times
I am a local freelance photographer and could get you a videographer and two photographers for around $1,200. Here are samples of our work:

Video:
YouTube - Lynn & Cesar Wedding Highlights (June 2009)

Photography:
YouTube - redner.salonga photography

For more information, you can also see my Facebook page: redner.salonga photography

I'd love to help you out in any way, I can...if you have anymore questions, you can message me

Old 07-15-2009, 10:42 AM

17 posts, read 51,548 times
My wife is just starting out, so she wouldn't charge much. Her photos are really good though (not just because I am biased either lol). If you would like to see some of her shots, or get more info, just send me a PM.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 AM

414 posts, read 1,690,769 times
Just a suggestion from a recent bride: If I had my wedding to do all over again, I would have nixed a lot of the little things I thought were important and spent more on my photos. After all is said and done, your pictures are all you have. Find a photographer who you really love and who comes well-recommended. I had a decent photographer who was trying to build her portfolio and didn't charge a lot. Her portfolio was ok and I thought it would be alright. My pictures aren't horrible, but I wished I'd gone with the woman I interviewed whose price was about $1200 instead of $600. Just my opinion.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:39 AM

90 posts, read 301,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu813 View Post
We used Deremer Studios. Ther website is www.deremerstudios.com

I think thier wedding packages start at $600.
I used them for my wedding and it was wonderful. I just did real simple package of 4 hours and a few prints. I didn't want alot of prints because they give you all rights to the cd/dvd of your pics and my husband and I thought it would be easier to make copies of the dvd/cd for all our family members... this way they could pick and choose the prints they wanted. We ended up paying 550 or so. Not bad at all and the pics are great.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:39 PM

48 posts, read 145,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash330 View Post
Just a suggestion from a recent bride: If I had my wedding to do all over again, I would have nixed a lot of the little things I thought were important and spent more on my photos. After all is said and done, your pictures are all you have. Find a photographer who you really love and who comes well-recommended. I had a decent photographer who was trying to build her portfolio and didn't charge a lot. Her portfolio was ok and I thought it would be alright. My pictures aren't horrible, but I wished I'd gone with the woman I interviewed whose price was about $1200 instead of $600. Just my opinion.

I second that 1000000%.

It's been 8 months since my wedding. The day went by sooo fast that I barely remember all the tiny little details. I hired A Speights photography and I'm soo glad I did. She got shots that I don't remember seeing her take. Spending a little more on her work was the best decision I maded.

When the day is over you wont remeber how the food tasted, if everyone liked the details on the programs or that groomsmen tuxs were a certain color but EVERYONE will see your photo's.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:31 AM

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville