Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 10:53 AM

90 posts, read 247,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinJAX View Post
Why come back here to write ... if you left this city and didn't like it here? My recommendation is to move on to your new CD location and focus on the positive with your new life. It doesn't really help you or anyone else to come back here and trash Jax - especially for those of us who love it here. It's not like we would be convincing you to come back since you seem to have moved on and made up your mind.
Because if someone would have warned me..I would have never never never have moved to that boring city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 03:01 PM

238 posts, read 887,797 times
I am guessing that you are already "bored" where ever it is that you moved to. Not being able to find something to do in a beautiful city of this size sounds like a personal issue. Just about anything that one wanted to do here can be easily found. I challenge you to name just one thing that cannot be found in Jax.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:35 PM

924 posts, read 2,603,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferashley99 View Post
Because if someone would have warned me..I would have never never never have moved to that boring city.
There are plenty of things to do down here in JAX, just because they may not be the things that YOU enjoy doesn't mean that they don't exist...

I must reiterate that the cost of living down here was the number 1 selling point for me... If I had money falling out of my @ss I would probably live in a nice house on the bay in Southern MD but that would never be worth the money for me...

There aren't many places out there where you have access to so much stuff for so cheap...

Old 08-08-2009, 04:21 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinJAX View Post
I am guessing that you are already "bored" where ever it is that you moved to. Not being able to find something to do in a beautiful city of this size sounds like a personal issue. Just about anything that one wanted to do here can be easily found. I challenge you to name just one thing that cannot be found in Jax.
These?

http://www.exploreasheville.com/what-to-do/discover-downtown/downtown-asheville-pictures/image.aspx?id=867&width=500&height=333 (broken link)

Old 08-08-2009, 04:52 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,735,110 times
Wow! Is that a beauiful ocean in the background with some rolling waves for some serious surfing? We got 'em.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:20 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,076,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeRoma View Post
if you ever have the opportunity to live in PR...you will realize that they do not consider themselves part of this country nor do they have any of the luxuries we have here. in my opinion it was like living in another country and I have NO desire to ever live outside the USA again. We met many nice people there that accepted that way of living ...I was just a spoiled american (as they said) and thankful for the people that sacrificed to I could have ever convenience and be spoiled!

I travel to Puerto Rico often on business and yes while the island has some lovely areas and yes some nice people .... it is very much like a third world country in many ways .... the crime rate especially in San Juan is mind numbing , the economy is in shambles and the corruption with the government is on par with any Latin American country ... also much of the youth on the island is obsessed with thug culture and reggaeton .. most of the professional Puerto Ricans that I know have moved to Florida , Texas , Georgia or North Carolina for those very reasons .

Old 08-08-2009, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,515 times
Jax does suck!

Old 08-08-2009, 06:32 PM

924 posts, read 2,603,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by difficult View Post
Jax does suck!
No it doesn't...

Old 08-08-2009, 08:47 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
Wow! Is that a beauiful ocean in the background with some rolling waves for some serious surfing? We got 'em.

Serious surfing? In FL? Ahh, I was born here, they get old, lol. LOL!!! Jax couldn't touch Asheville NC baby! Lived there in college.

One of the prettiest and friendliest places in the US.

Voted "Happiest City in America" a few yrs ago.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:56 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
Serious surfing? In FL? Ahh, I was born here, they get old, lol. LOL!!! Jax couldn't touch Asheville NC baby! Lived there in college.

One of the prettiest and friendliest places in the US.

Voted "Happiest City in America" a few yrs ago.
that's what happens when more than half the population hits a bong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville