U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:08 PM

3 posts, read 30,685 times

Advertisements

I grew up in NYC and we had German Deli's like Schaller & Weber where we coudl buy German sausages (bratwurst, weisswurst, blotwurst etc) and other pork based cold cuts. I have not found any place in the North Florida area, yet. Does anyone know of a German Deli or a butcher sho or other shope that sells German sausages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM

17 posts, read 35,873 times
Try visiting here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...ksonville.html

Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 PM

238 posts, read 813,910 times
I don't know about buying uncooked German sausage, but we always order the German Sausage sampler platter at European Street (several locations around town). It comes with great sauerkraut and german potato salad. Your choice of bratwurst, kielbasa, knockwurst and others.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:42 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,330,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyinJAX View Post
I don't know about buying uncooked German sausage, but we always order the German Sausage sampler platter at European Street (several locations around town). It comes with great sauerkraut and german potato salad. Your choice of bratwurst, kielbasa, knockwurst and others.
I was also gonna suggest European Street in San Marco. Didn't realize there were other European Street locations.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 6,827 times
Just for your information, we will be building in 2010 an European - German Village in St.Johns County, which will include a manufacturing plant for German bakery, butchery, Doner Kebap, noodles and a German brewery company. We will have within 2 years forty Dorfladens (Three in one shops - bakery, butchery, restaurant for Doner Kebap - Schnitzel, Currywurst - Thueringer Bratwurst and more). All these products will be produced by German master craftsmen, than the German products are world -wide known as top traditional food products. Keep in touch with us and you will get to know a lot about our village which will soon be there. Guten Appetit.
Just for your information, our traditional European and German products will not be American colonized, because we will use ingredients from Germany, German products are great, and the world loves them. This is why we want to settle in North-Eastern Florida.
I hope you find this information interesting. Would like to hear from you, from Good old Germany

Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 AM

2,739 posts, read 4,867,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palatina View Post
Just for your information, we will be building in 2010 an European - German Village in St.Johns County, which will include a manufacturing plant for German bakery, butchery, Doner Kebap, noodles and a German brewery company. We will have within 2 years forty Dorfladens (Three in one shops - bakery, butchery, restaurant for Doner Kebap - Schnitzel, Currywurst - Thueringer Bratwurst and more). All these products will be produced by German master craftsmen, than the German products are world -wide known as top traditional food products. Keep in touch with us and you will get to know a lot about our village which will soon be there. Guten Appetit.
Just for your information, our traditional European and German products will not be American colonized, because we will use ingredients from Germany, German products are great, and the world loves them. This is why we want to settle in North-Eastern Florida.
I hope you find this information interesting. Would like to hear from you, from Good old Germany
This made me hard. Where in St. John's County?

Old 10-28-2009, 02:05 PM

5,681 posts, read 10,230,310 times
Quote:
Sounds fantastic - wish I lived near there. Just wondering what brings this German enterprise to Florida? In Upstate S. Carolina, we have the (recently doubled in size) BMW manufacturing plant, with many German automotive suppliers also based in the area. The Greenville area is very supportive of our German friends & neighbors and loves all things German. Our Christmas Market on Main St every year is even loosely based on the German Kristkindlemarkts - Sausages, gluhwein, beer, pretzels all served as folks stroll Main St.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think anything German-related should automatically come up here just because we have a car manufacturing facility, but a similar enterprise up here would be very well-received!

Old 10-28-2009, 04:11 PM

238 posts, read 703,425 times
there was a European sandwich/deli on 3rd street in Jax beach ( i posted about it a few months back, you can prob find the thread) It had polish and german style meats and cheeses shipped from Chicago.

Looked really good. I forget the exact name (it may have been "European Deli" or somethng.It was really small) I hope they made it through the recession, unlike most mom and pop shops

Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM

238 posts, read 703,425 times
Heres the link to the thread I was talking about... Its "European Delights"
//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...ghts-deli.html

Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 AM

6,835 posts, read 7,532,814 times
Quote:
This doesn't some real...but I'd love it to be. Where can we get more information?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville