Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:08 AM

3 posts, read 4,933 times

Advertisements

I was thinking of moving to Jacksonville near the beaches area. I was looking to rent @ silversprings apts but found out about the crime I am 48yrs old wanting to find a safe place near the beaches area. rent 500-600/month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM

414 posts, read 1,862,724 times
Well, Silver Springs apartments isn't really close to the beach. It's still a 15-20 minute drive depending on traffic. You may want to look in private rentals at the beach; multiple unit buildings or conversions. I found several on rentals.com that are in the price range you are looking for. You may also look into management companies and get a list of their rentals. Best of luck.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:03 PM

97 posts, read 404,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Mctevia View Post
I was thinking of moving to Jacksonville near the beaches area. I was looking to rent @ silversprings apts but found out about the crime I am 48yrs old wanting to find a safe place near the beaches area. rent 500-600/month
Jimi - Woodhollow on Hodges and San Pablo on a side street off of San Pablo (14401 Jose Vedra Blvd) have smaller (500-550 SF) apts. within your budget (you'll need to add water and electricity).

Woodhollow and San Pablo I believe are located in an area described as IntraCoastal which is close to the beach (<5 miles).

If you're searching via zip codes, Woodhollow is in 32224 and San Pablo is 32250 I believe.
You may want to consider Craigslist and finding yourself a room for rent or a roommate searching to split a 2 or 3bdr apt/home.

Good luck.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 PM

90 posts, read 247,661 times
Stay where you are..Jax is a terrible place to live. Depressing. I lived there for eight months and left last week...I think I can block out the last eight months if I just try hard enough.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:54 AM

90 posts, read 214,329 times
Jimi,
We just moved to the Jacksonville area from PA about a month ago and we love it!! I haven't found anything depressing about it. The weather is beautiful! All of the people we have met are nice and very friendly. There is so much to do here. It is like we are on a permanent vacation. ( I think if anyone wound need to try and forget living here for 8 months, it might help if they stop visiting the city's forum.)

Old 07-25-2009, 04:10 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
It's not depressing in the least. Not flashy and not showy, yes. That's true. Does it feel like a city that used to be a major important central location many years ago last century and it's not anymore? Yes that's true. Too many historical places were torn down, replaced by parking lots and/or ignored downtown. But yes the people are all very nice. As a "place" I may prefer the So Fl feel of my home, Vero Beach but the people are nowhere as friendly down there as up here in Jax. Even the transplants here are outgoing. Probably because we're all in the same boat lol. I've had about 25 personal invitations from virtual strangers (like at work or at stores) to get together or go sight seeing in the 2 months I've been here versus about 5 down in Vero Beach in 1.5 years. And most of the people are natives not transplants.

Last weekend the guy at the computer store WROTE DOWN his girlfriends name and number for me to call her to get the lowdown on "where to go" for various things. HA HA it was so cute. And then invited me to go to the property downtown they rent in that has a weekly get together to meet people.

I'm sure there's lots to do outside of this immediate area but I've not had time to explore yet. But no, it's not depressing. The kindness and outgoing nature of the people reminds me of the old south when you actually spent time WITH people even just sitting on the porch talking as opposed to now for example in FLL or MIA everyone running somewhere or going to stupid bars all the time and not bothering to even speak to neighbors. It's not like that here.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:51 AM

50 posts, read 153,346 times
Default We loved it...

My wife and I lived in Jacksonville from 1996-2006 and loved it. Crime is relative - if you based your life on crime stats, NY would be empty.
As would every other major city in the U.S.
That said, you have to remember that you get what you pay for, so $600 a month for beach living is not going to put you in the safest places.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:41 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,718 times
I enjoyed my trip down there last week. Had no problems with anyone and many people were more than willing to take time out to talk to me about the area. Their likes and dislikes.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:19 AM

4 posts, read 17,108 times
There is an apartment complex right across the street from Silver Springs Apts.
It's called Logans Point That is a good side of the street.
Has a new business district area and the apartments are brand new.
Its on St. Johns Bluff.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 2,129 times
See [URL="http://www.dontlivehere.homestead.com"]www.dontlivehere.homestead.com[/URL] and search YouTube "Avistele at Ponte Vedra" for the many reasons you should avoid Avistele at Ponte Vedra.

Last edited by punkiepai; 09-13-2009 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: correct embeds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville