U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 11:49 PM

2 posts, read 3,066 times

Advertisements

So moving back down to florida in about two months after drying out here in the desert of palm springs Ca. I am in my late twenties my wife is thirty and we just had our first baby, little girl Nola 3 months old. So out of the multitude of threads about moving I would like to know if anyone can give me the low down on good apartments, complexes, areas, neighborhoods, whatever you know?? Everything looks great online through pictures. Plan on living somewhere relatively quiet, close to the water and st augustine downtown if possible, relaxed 2 bedroom looking to stay under 900 a month. We both have jobs, thank god for computers and I will be taking classes at Flagler if all goes as planned. Where or what are the great apartments around st augustine, where should we not even consider moving to? Of course we will check it out before we rent but would like to narrow down the search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 AM

1,002 posts, read 2,323,053 times
see craigs list and look on Anastasia Island For $900 you could get a small house

Old 07-28-2009, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,066 times
not much for rent on anastasia island thanks for the tip though, any apt complexes on the island or mostly west of the downtown area, and how are the areas west of the city or town, I have seen that most nice complexes are close to 95 or by the mall areas good bad or ugly??

Old 07-29-2009, 02:58 PM

10 posts, read 29,950 times
I moved 3 weeks ago with my husband at old town village and till now its nice, no people that do noise, no problems...
When I was looking for apartments I went to see also Straford Mill Apt close to Prime Outlet and there was everything nice but I didnt like that in walk in closet you were entering from bathroom.
Other apartments south at US1 wasnt so nice and clean.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:20 PM

228 posts, read 818,113 times
I just moved my Mother into Old Town Village too. I stayed a week and I think its a great place. Very clean and new. Nice pool and fitness center. I didnt think the rent was too bad either. around 900 for a two bedroom, I think. Some extras included like cable! I looked at straford too, and didnt like how that closet was either, but other than that the place is very nice. I dont think you would be unhappy with either one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville