Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM

10 posts, read 28,309 times

Advertisements

So, we built a house with Monarch Homes/ DS WARE, after MANY problems, fixed after 90 days, we finaly have (1) item that still needs to be fixed. Well, the owner is not willing to fix it, and looks like we will be going to court, the owner, and the contractor.

Anyone think this sign is a bit much???
Attached Thumbnails
House BUILDER REFUSES to fix mistakes Monarch Homes / DS WARE-aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 01:22 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,276,703 times
Where did you build?

This is why I always recommend usuing a small builder rather than one of the huige, national ones. They don't have to care if every customer is happy. The smaller ones do.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:40 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benamber View Post
So, we built a house with Monarch Homes/ DS WARE, after MANY problems, fixed after 90 days, we finaly have (1) item that still needs to be fixed. Well, the owner is not willing to fix it, and looks like we will be going to court, the owner, and the contractor.

Anyone think this sign is a bit much???
I think it's beautiful. There is nobody who loves it more when consumers stand up to a builders inferior quality than I.

I've seen first hand the shoddy crap some of these builders pass of to buyers because they know the average homebuyer doesn't know much about the construction process.

Anytime their crappy building practices get exposed, I get chills similar to Chris Matthews when he listens to Obama speaking.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 PM

Built in Durbin Crossing North,

Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 AM

232 posts, read 573,924 times
What is the one outstanding issue?

Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 AM

5 posts, read 18,674 times
Benamber - saw your other posting too and was curious to know if you hired a home inspector prior to closing or if the issues happened after you had an inspection? Also you mentioned they lied about upgrade cost - did they charge you a different price than they quoted? Thanks for any helpful info.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 AM

SKOOBA - Well, we were sold on a UPGRADE washable paint. In doing so, the people in the sales office said we didn't need a EGGSHELL paintt like we wanted, we should go with a FLAT paint, it will hide the imperfections in the walls, and because our walls would be washable. NOW, the COLORWHEEL rep, (paint mfg) has been to my house, and clearly said the paint works, JUST NOT in my house. So we have walls, were my wife washs off dirt from my kid, and paint is coming off. We would have went with a eggshell in the beginning if this was going to be a problem. The whole house needs to be repainted with EGGSHELL our we are going to have blemishes (like we have now) all over from light cleaning dirt of the walls, and it will only get WORSE over time. The OWNER of DS Ware, clearly said he DID NOT want to paint it eggshell if we didn't WAIVE him of imperfections, I think they should have to REDO the whole thing, because the PAINT "SCEME" they sold us on doesn't work entirely, and that's not our fault!

MRCHARM - We should have hired a home inspector, but we didn't, OUR MISTAKE. COMPLETE DISHONESTY by the sales staff. I walked the two sales people LENNY & SANDY, INDIVIDUALLY thru the model showing what we wanted. You cant GET ANY MORE CLEAR than what I did. pointing to things and saying WE WANT THIS, well when it came to the design center it was a 15K upgrade for our cabinets ect. So, the fact that they blantly LIE and get you to sign the contract was PATHETIC. what are you supposed to do??? you cant get your money back ,and go with a different builder. Just from sheer, dishonesty I would have. I am a man of my word. The sales people said it was MISCOMUNICATION, I am not sure why, they ALL SPEAK ENGLISH. Gas stubb out being 3 times the price I was quoted. It was like everyday was a brand new day, and your prices are brand new for that day. VERY UNFAIR, and UNPROFESSIONAL. It has been that way thru the entire process also.

We STILL have DRYWALL, NOT FINISHED from were they repaired it, and an electrical outlet not on the wall, still have from that section. A room didn't have electric, so they had to go in and fix it thru the drywall, that's WAS 4 weeks ago, the wall still needs to repainted and the electrical outlet (wherever they put it) needs to be put back on. REALLY IT TAKES OVER A MONTH TO FINISH????

ABSOLUTELY NO OVERSIGHT with this company, from the top to the bottom. The OWNER is completely disengaged from his company, and when he actually does see daylight and come to a house as he did mine, he is VERY one way, and take it or leave it.

There is no doubt this company built many homes for years, as the owner loves to tell you when you tell him about your problems, BUT the quality of the homes they are building now, ABSOLUTELY not worth the money per square foot we paid., Just so there "NO MISCOMUNICATION" here, THE PRICE PER SQUAE FOOT IS NOT THE QUALITY OF THE HOME WE RECIEVED. The MODEL SURE DOES LOOK NICE, WISH MINE LOOKED LIKE THAT.

FUTURE CUSTOMERS, all I suggest is KNOCK on a door of a already built house, or two or three, and ask, NOTHING IS BETTER THAN HEARING IT AND SEEING IT FROM A PAST CUSTOMER. YOU SURE AS HECK DONT WANNA KNOCK ON MY NEIGHBORS DOOR, her problems are WAY WORSE THAN MINE. HER ENTIRE HOUSE has sheet rock problems like you WOULDNT BELIVE, (joint lines, uneven walls, waivy walls, etc, AND THATS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE NOW AFTER DS WARE fixed it)

Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 PM

9 posts, read 17,477 times
I love your sign! I would do the same thing if I was ripped off. If I was a perspective buyer I would come talk to you for sure! My husband & I bought a Lennar home and am almost ready to put up a sign like this ourselves.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:33 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,276,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvdausa View Post
I love your sign! I would do the same thing if I was ripped off. If I was a perspective buyer I would come talk to you for sure! My husband & I bought a Lennar home and am almost ready to put up a sign like this ourselves.
Ha, yeah...that's a great sign!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,307,609 times
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. It really sucks to move to a new city and expect that you can trust a builder to deliver what he has promised and then get ripped off. I hope the court sticks it to them good and they have to fix everything and maybe pay you a little extra for your time and misery. Someone on my husband's side of the family got ripped off in a similar manner in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio a few years ago, and they just had one problem after another. It was so unfair and discouraging.

My husband and I were in the Jacksonville area back in late February and drove around St. John's to see some of the new developments. What really struck me is how different the subdivisions there looked from how they were presented on the internet. Tiny yards with no mature trees, houses almost close enough together to shake hands with your neighbor out the window, and houses built way too close to the street. I'm sure not all subdivisions there are like this, but it makes me sick to see how builders will exploit people all in the name of the almighty buck.

Best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville