U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:40 AM

43 posts, read 125,181 times

Advertisements

We bought a new boat(great deals right now) and it we pay 150/mo for dry storage. It beats keeping it our driveway and having to wait in line to put it in. Insurance is cheap IMO and it is not that hard to clean your boat after you are out. Gas can get expensive depending on how much you boat. But we view it as good family time. Also if we decide to go out on a whim we can be out on the water fast. We don't have to schedule it. I do not have experience with a club but thought I would give you my thoughts. Maybe you could see if they have a trial membership, Or go halves on a boat with your friend and cut down the expenses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 AM

7,472 posts, read 17,270,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljfam View Post
We bought a new boat(great deals right now) and it we pay 150/mo for dry storage. It beats keeping it our driveway and having to wait in line to put it in. Insurance is cheap IMO and it is not that hard to clean your boat after you are out. Gas can get expensive depending on how much you boat. But we view it as good family time. Also if we decide to go out on a whim we can be out on the water fast. We don't have to schedule it. I do not have experience with a club but thought I would give you my thoughts. Maybe you could see if they have a trial membership, Or go halves on a boat with your friend and cut down the expenses.
Same as us!!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,655 times
I don't know if Peter the Brit had blinders on, but I'm looking at Freedom Boat Club's boats in Sarasota right now and their wonderful...new or almost new. I also went to their club in Venice and saw the same thing. Boater Bob

Old 08-19-2009, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,621 times
Aqua-Direct and Freedom Boat Club are not related. If you join Aqua-Direct you might not have all the options that they are selling. My advice is to buy directly from a Freedom Boat Club rep and not someone representing Aqua Direct.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 AM

754 posts, read 2,576,031 times
Thanks for the advice, Drink!

Old 08-25-2009, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,567 times
contact me if you have any questions about joining a boat club in Jacksonville florida I have some experience

Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,502 times
DO NOT JOIN AQUA DIRECT - THEY ARE CROOKS!!!! These guys used to be Freedom Boat Club which is a great organization and they started Aqua Direct without the permission of Freedom Boat Club and violated their Franchise Agreement. The main guy that started it - Michael Moore is a used car sales type and will take anyones money. We are trying to get Freedom to grant another Franchise and continue operations in Jacksonville as they are a much better club than these joker's that are trying to do Aqua Direct. Freedom has tons of locations all across the country where you can take out other boats and Aqua Direct doesn't offer any of that. I just want to get the word out for nobody to join Aqua Direct but as a member of Freedom Boat Club - a boat club has been perfect for our family!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 AM

7,472 posts, read 17,270,471 times
This (above) also happens when a person (or family) share the ownership of a boat OR when a person lends their boat to a friend. If something happens, that is not found out about (or even is found out about), who will take responsibility for repairs? Our boat is our boat. All of the repair costs are ours. Besides that, these boat clubs charge too much for our finances.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,057 times
Please be aware there is litigation between Freedom Boat Club and Aqua-Direct. Aqua-Direct does not represent Freedom Boat Club and many Freedom Boat Club members were left with nothing after paying the initiation fee due to Aqua-Direct's questionable business practices.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,033 times
Thumbs down Steer Clear of Aqua-Direct Boat Club....

The following is the experience I had with Aqua Direct.

My advice to you if you are considering joining this boat club or any other is to be on guard. Be as thorough as you can when accepting the boat and when it is returned. And also, hope there isn't any damage that you can't see when taking the boat but is later found by the Dockmaster. You could be liable every time, up to $2,500. Good luck with your decision.

Admittedly I failed to look at the exterior of the boat in his presence before and after using the boat. However, with the boat already in the water there was limited opportunity to see the outdrives and underside of the boat. This should have been part of the boat clubs policy to have dual observation of the entire boat. He was not interested in discussing this with me and referred me back to accounting for collecting on the damage.

Read more: Consumer complaints about Aqua-Direct Boat Club, Jacksonville, FL

Read more: Consumer complaints about Aqua-Direct Boat Club, Jacksonville, FL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or