U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 05:48 AM

2 posts, read 904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Man View Post
I am a Freedom Boat Club Member, and I also work "selling" club memberships, Aqua-Direct is the marketing company for the Freedom Boat club locations in Jacksonville, FL, and Charleston, SC.

I'm pretty sure if you ask 100 different people you will get 100 different answers. Here's what I can offer you. Let's sit down, let me explain the different details of how each of the diferent plans work, lets find IF there is any that meets your needs, let me take you to the dock, show you our more than 25 boats, and lets go for a ride on the boat of your choice. That way you can form your own opinion, and make your own mind.

I started as a member, and I love the idea so much, that I talk to everybody about the club, so much so, that the company now gives me a referral commission for bringing other members to the club.

We have basically every type of boat you could possibly want, so each outing could be a different adventure.

We have bow riders, Professional Ski Boats, Center Console Fishing Boats, Off Shore Fishing Boats, Flats fishing boats, Cuddy Cabins, and yachts up to 63'.

We have plans starting from $400 One time membership fee and a $50/Mo maintenance fee, and up, it all depends on how much time you want to spend on the water. No off season, high season or black out dates. You boat as much as your membership allows you to.

And yes, like everybody else says, without the headaches that boat ownership have. We've all heard all the jokes about owning a boat. For some they are true, for some they are not. Send me a PM and I can answer all your questions related to this location.

Rich!

Hi Rich,
I've been looking for a boat club to join and haven't made my decision yet....I was just wondering what the membership cost for Freedom Boat Club is.
My name is Matt.
Thank you very much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 06:02 AM

2 posts, read 904 times
Hi Rich,
I've been wanting to join a boat club for some time now but cant seem to find a reasonable enough one.
What is the cost of a Freedom Boat Club membership?
Thank you very much!

Old 03-09-2016, 06:24 AM

7,472 posts, read 17,270,471 times
They don't have their membership costs on their website.........you have to call them. I do know that it's not cheap, because of the gas used and insurance the company has to pay for each boat. The boats look great and are fairly new, if not brand new, but that "new" costs.

Our boat is a 1992 Cuddy Cabin and yes, we have the repairs, yearly insurance and Sea Tow. We don't stay on the water that long, so gas isn't a "cost" issue.

Sometimes I think these Boat Clubs are for the "Rich and Famous" due to their monthly cost. We checked into it and found it to be "to rich for our blood".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lovett View Post
Hi Rich,
I've been wanting to join a boat club for some time now but cant seem to find a reasonable enough one.
What is the cost of a Freedom Boat Club membership?
Thank you very much!

Old 03-09-2016, 06:56 AM

5,199 posts, read 3,649,317 times
My neighbor is a member and claims the cost is something around $5,000 annually for his plan...whatever that is. If you boat every weekend I don't think that's off the charts expensive. If you take one of their boats out once every few months that's a bit crazy.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:28 AM

4,103 posts, read 4,523,797 times
lmao I love threads that involve a product then miraculously all these new members show up to talk about how great the product is or to bump up the thread...

Old 03-09-2016, 12:17 PM

7,472 posts, read 17,270,471 times
Well, due to our age (later 60's) we are "fair-weather boater", meaning.........

If t-storms or rain is in the forecast, we don't go out, unless the prediction is for late afternoon or night.
If wind is too high, we don't go out. (our boat isn't a sail boat LOL)
If there is smoke in the air from any local fires, like there was almost all summer a few years ago, we don't go out

We love boating, but are cautious. When we do go out, it's only for a few hours in the morning. Basically until noon or so.

I really think, if we had the money, and no boat, we'd try a Club. They sure look like they have some very nice boats, but the expense if the weather doesn't cooperate. Hummm. And, when we first moved here, we thought we'd be able to boat all year. Being this is northeastern Florida, and the water here is pretty cold during our so-called "winter", that "all year" thing can definitely be wrong. Now, if a person lived in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, I could see doing it there all year long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or