U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 AM

2 posts, read 1,790 times

Advertisements

I am a full time about to graduate from 4 years college with BS of Business administration and AAS in HVAC. Basically, I am broke, up on graduation I want to move to Jacksonville, FL or Dallas, TX, because lots of people believe that are good places a quick state of living, but can anyone tall how much is the cost of living and hvac jobs opportunities in that two cities and how fast do you thing I can get a job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 01:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,790 times
Unhappy Should I move to Dallas, TX or Jacksonville FL?

I am a full time about to graduate from 4 years college with BS of Business administration and AAS in HVAC. Basically, I am broke, up on graduation I want to move to Jacksonville, FL or Dallas, TX, because lots of people believe that are good places a quick state of living, but can anyone tall how much is the cost of living and hvac jobs opportunities in that two cities and how fast do you thing I can get a job?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 PM

14,628 posts, read 18,726,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik702 View Post
Hi, Moving in Oct but will move my family in nov once I sort out house and schooling.

Would need some phone numbers/person who could introduce me to an Indian community where lot of Indian families stay with kids, safe place, near 32256 (my office), good pre schools and groceries around. Maybe a park for kids also.

I would not prefer a self owned house but a society with lot of flats , families with kids around specially Indians since they could guide us with things around and make my family comfortable.

As per Eric's suggestion above, Southside is a good place with Indians but I just want to make sure its safe! Please give me some phone numbers/intro's etc..

Thanks and God bless
My dentists' wife is from India (and her family is still there). Would be glad to put you in touch with her if you send me a private message or email with your contact information. I know this won't sound politically correct to most people in the US - but she is Hindu - a lot of her family is in the military in India - and they are not very friendly toward Muslims. So - if you're Muslim - it wouldn't be a good "match". Also - her husband was born a Christian Palestinian - not very friendly in terms of Muslims either. She has always seemed very pleasant to me - and I suspect she might be able to give you some help. Robyn

Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 PM

9,362 posts, read 23,273,717 times
Nik702 has already moved here. Old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville